PM7001 MOD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
it's a model that's only fifteen years old so may work just fine....but if your intent on turning it into a project i would start by verifying whether it operates correctly and doing some performance measurements to see where potential mods would be the most benefit, as in replacing main filters or swapping op amps.
sorry need to ask, when you say "Power caps upgrade to 22k?" are you certain that's correct because i've never known caps to be spec'ed by resistance???

if you really want to have fun and start understanding how it works without ruining it, buy a pair of jlh69 with to3 (2n3055 / mj15003 / mjl3281).
already, it's music, well, I mean, really.
a transformer of 18v 200va
a pair of capa 10000uf 40v
a pair of capa 33000uf 40v
two resistances 0.33 to 1 ohm 10
plus two or three other things and frankly, it's just happiness.
after, there will always be better, but often it is more expensive, more complicated and less reliable and I speak of experience, I mounted all the hiraga with the original components, all plantfeve, 2 kaneda and a good thirty others.
I have only kept one plantfeve, one naim clone, and six or seven jlh 69.
after, you have to like the smooth, the relaxed, the beautiful harmonics.
one last thing, my first jlh69, which I always have, remained on light not far from eight months without giving the slightest sign of weakness ...

the simplest is the best
Kits de bricolage 1 pcs JLH 1969 classe Un amplificateur de haute qualite PCB MOT 2N3055 avec dissipateurs De Chaleur dans Amplificateur de Electronique sur AliExpress.com | Alibaba Group
on the other hand, it is necessary to provide large dissipators
1.2 to 1.5A x 24 to 27vdc x2 according to what you choose as power transformer
that makes you about 80w of dissipation at rest
after, I let you discover the long (very long) thread on the jlh 69, you will find all the information you need for the choice of transistors and other changes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.