Need help on pair of pioneer gm-h120's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all, i need a little guidance....i bought a pair of very mint pioneer gm-h120 car amps...they are mint inside and outside...the guy said they turn on but no sound...he was right...all output mosfets tested good. With speakers hooked up to them dead air on noise can be heard from the speakers...what could it be? What is also odd is that it seems to be the same thing for both amps...is there a common thing that goes bad on these old amps? Any help would be muchly appreciated

Thanks!
Tyson

Perry i get one click from the relay when it turns on...i know there is two relays, am i supposed to get two clicks? Tim what yellow black wire are you refering to? My Remote turn on clip has a red and a blue wire. Both are jumped together to the remote turn on wire to my deck...

I was too quick and careless reading steveu's link.

Older Pioneer GM series amplifiers with DIN connections required a current draw rather than a remote-on voltage to turn on, I thought the yellow wire was related to that.

Perry may have more info on this one, but to be sure- I would connect the red wire to the accessory power that runs the head unit. It may need to be powered up before the remote lead.

I was a teenager the last time I saw one of the older ones (GMA120) but IIRC, it was important to connect the battery power lead last.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.