LJM MX50SE Wiring Questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all!

I've poured over the various MX50/MX50SE threads, the Wikis on interconnects and grounding, and far more Google searches than I'm proud to admit--I can't find a solid answer for how to wire this thing which I'm attempting to make.

First a crudely illustrated diagram showing the laughable wiring scheme I came up with.
5BF70B87-CA9E-420F-87AD-BB6048ADF5F8.png

I've left out one of the amp modules because there was already enough going on. All the PCB connections are correctly labeled and show exactly how the terminals appear on my PSU board, pre/tone board, and amps.

The socket is IEC and earthed right there at the chassis. The PSU board serves as my central bus ground so I'm connecting every loose ground wire there. The amps have a +/- signal input terminal so I'm running from RCA > pre/tone > amp. They also have a GND blade so I'm running that back to my central ground. There's a single OUT blade on the amp board so that goes straight to the red speaker terminal, and the black speaker terminal goes back to my bus.

Question Time: is any of this right? Should the black speaker terminal instead be connected to the amp GND blade? I'd imagine not because the amp needs some sort of power ground...but my mind is utter mush at this point.

Please glance at my offensive illustration and help me correct any transgressions. Can you tell this is my first diy audio project :D

Thank y'all in advance!

That's great advice thank you! Do you see anything glaringly wrong with the grounding scheme? Also, do I need to run a ground wire from the ground bus to the chassis and/or earth ground connection at the mains input socket? Right now earth ground and signal/power ground are completely isolated from one another.

Awesome, really appreciate that! So I should connect my ground bus to power earth either via chassis or direct connection, got :)

I was thinking this must've been the wrong section of the forum by the lack of responses (although it was approved by moderator) so I really do thank you for taking the time and providing some guidance :) I hope you have a great weekend!

Awesome, really appreciate that! So I should connect my ground bus to power earth either via chassis or direct connection, got :)
Ground chassis and power earth both.

I was thinking this must've been the wrong section of the forum by the lack of responses (although it was approved by moderator)
I remember seeing threads on grounding questions. Maybe they are tired of retyping... :confused:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.