Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Technics SU-V4X problem - no click from relay but indicator lights OK
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th January 2019, 05:23 PM   #51
Briedonis is offline Briedonis
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4V8s View Post
it's the transistor Q608 that switches it on. So as you have R630 correct voltage around 28v and IC601 sending switch on signal all is good there.

measure leg B on Q608, I got around 0.66v. if you do, then all good there. That means the transistor should be switching on the relay.

Measure the other legs on Q608, one should be the same voltage roughly as you see on the lower side of the R630 ie 28v ish. If not, then there's two possibilities. Either the Q608 is faulty (or not enough voltage at B to turn it on so could be a duff resistor between IC601 and Q608) OR your relay is broken.

If you do have a voltage, then in theory power is running through the relay but the output isnt engaging. so again - duff relay.

I must admit, I dont know exactly what happens from the relay output to engage the speakers, that dotted line on the schematic seems to lead to other switches. Worth also checking resistor R631

for me though - all good, sound from my system at last ! so im happy

Attachment 728170
it is 0,7V on leg B, 0,7v on leg C, it is 0,0v on emitter on Q608
i will test R631 and diode D603. also relay.
Old 13th January 2019, 02:21 AM   #52
sgrossklass is offline sgrossklass  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briedonis View Post
it is 0,7V on leg B, 0,7v on leg C, it is 0,0v on emitter on Q608
Sounds like the relay driver is working, and moreover, it seems that some current is flowing through it.

Only two options remaining - relay supply voltage is too low for it to engage, or it's mechanically blocked. Well, yeah, could be a shorted diode as well, but I can't remember hearing of them failing in this application.
Old 13th January 2019, 01:32 PM   #53
Briedonis is offline Briedonis
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrossklass View Post
Sounds like the relay driver is working, and moreover, it seems that some current is flowing through it.

Only two options remaining - relay supply voltage is too low for it to engage, or it's mechanically blocked. Well, yeah, could be a shorted diode as well, but I can't remember hearing of them failing in this application.
If relay has mechanical defect, in theory if i push it down and close contacts, signal should appear on speaker channels? Is it safe to try?
Old 13th January 2019, 05:09 PM   #54
SVI2004A is offline SVI2004A  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

When relay not engaged you should have 50v or near to right through to collector of Q608 - when relay turned on power supply side of R630 will be 50V - relay side near 24V collector 0.6V

Technics SU-V4X problem - no click from relay but indicator lights OKHide this!Advertise here!