Sanken SAP17 replacment?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is at least the third time coming across a receiver with the same blown output type. Most of the time the customer agrees it's not worth spending more than a couple hundred bucks to repair as that's what they are worth to buy a working used one. But, I have a customer that wants it fixed even if it cost a few hundred bucks. I tried telling him that these devices are obsolete and very hard to find real ones but he wants me try.

For those that don't know the Sanken SAP17 is a darlington pair with bias diodes and emitter resistor all built into one package.

All that I can find are people in China selling them on Ebay which is a route I don't feel comfortable going because I don't want the customer spending big bucks to have it fixed and end up getting fake parts that either don't work properly or fail in a short period of time.

Does anyone have a reliable source for these?

Usually what fails in the SAP devices is the resistor.. which is why Sanken discontinued them and brought out the STD devices - which is the same chip, without the emitter resistor. As latala says, they can be used with external 0.22 ohm emitter resistors wired in place

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.