next step of assembling...

Hi guys. I will show up the fully assembled back panel of my amplifier

Attachments

• back panel completed.jpg
    back panel completed.jpg
    390.6 KB · Views: 499
Joined 2009
Paid Member
@zman01 the toroidal is from Tiger Toroids as recommended by Bonsai.

@brianco it is making music and initial listening is promising but I haven't listened as much as I would have liked being under the weather at the moment. Since moving things upstairs I am having noise problems which I need to get to the bottom of.

@zman01 the toroidal is from Tiger Toroids as recommended by Bonsai.

@brianco it is making music and initial listening is promising but I haven't listened as much as I would have liked being under the weather at the moment. Since moving things upstairs I am having noise problems which I need to get to the bottom of.

Thanks Marra. Hope to be building one myself in the not too distant future.

It strikes me that for listening to Classical music the KX will be excellent with my main system which will have my Sonics speakers back in use as opposed to the Maggies I am using with my NX, which really does a wonderful job with 'difficult' speakers!

progress...but the end of building has already appeared on the horizon

Hi guys....i would like to show up pictures of one functional channel of my KX amp...soundig beautiful, voice of Carol Duboc - Walk on By.....sooo sweet, smooth...I am very satisfied...but at the weekend I will connect both channel to my Visaton speakers and will hear how it is sounding...

Attachments

• Internal view 1.jpg
    Internal view 1.jpg
    607.4 KB · Views: 390
  • Internal view  2.jpg
    Internal view 2.jpg
    484.3 KB · Views: 390
I've almost finished. Hardest part was to cut radiators and make holes. I have not threaded them
Just 3 questions:
1. Is there any startup procedure? I will use cl90 on primary thermistor for slow start, later I'll bypass with timed relay.
2. I have 0.5uH coils, can i put them into pcb? I have only 1mm dia quite to make new one. what do they do.?
3. C4 on input is a bipolar cap. What is best there? Any recommendation up to 25$ for 2.

hi all ...the end of the assembly is so so near

I have good news, the electric assembly was done...amplifier working...need to finish the housing...but only tomorrow....I am tired...

Attachments

• Class A mode.jpg
    Class A mode.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 519
  • Class AAB mode.jpg
    Class AAB mode.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 528
  • Internal view 1.jpg
    Internal view 1.jpg
    388.3 KB · Views: 498
Answer to Bonsai aka Mr.Russel

Hello Mr.Russel. The amp sounding amazingly, but I ordered toroids from "crap" company, they are hum so much.The speakers are quiet, but not absolutely, need to play with wire traces ect...I will order toroids from Poland /audio grade kind/ then I will make some upgrades. Would like to build inside an audio buffer from customworks.cz. My question is: Better to feed with power this audio buffer from separate supply or made voltage stabiliser feeded from main supply of amplifier? Best Regards and thx for this amazing schematic....

Hi!

I personally would design a small separate supply since it appears that this audio buffer requires a bipolar +/- 12 to +/- 15V supply. Linear or very clean switcher. Many options there. I do this a lot in my own builds since I use balanced/differential inputs. There are also other options for an input buffer such as AMB Audio alpha 24 and also Neurochrome’s new buffer which will be coming soon (all SMD and fully built).

Here is the link to the buffer from the OP:

Audio buffer

Best,
Anand.

I will try to answer to You

As my first question Is unanswered, I've made risk start after populating pcb. No special measurement done. Still have to set bias point.
My second question regarding coil is forgotten too.

Here's my FrankenAmpen

Question 1: Before powering up, I have interchange the main fuses 5A/T to classic light bulbs /200W-230V type/ these bulbs are connected to the blowed "old" fuses with wires...bulbs limiting the flowing current, if something go wrong...then,if amplifier pass this first check, I replace this "live it up" instrument with predescribed fuses, and doing more tests...
Question 2: coil, create a new one, its a simple and easy...create coil, which is described in the building manual....cheers...

Testing...first stage passed

Hi guys. I will show up some pictures, yesterday evening my KX amp passed some listening tests. First of all...Sting - Live DVD....source HK DVD-37 player...was pleasant time...I enjoyed so much what came from speakers...

Attachments

• testing 1.jpg
    testing 1.jpg
    387.5 KB · Views: 328
  • testing 2.jpg
    testing 2.jpg
    384.6 KB · Views: 176