Technics SU-V9 phono input heard other inputs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks Ray and PRR

Power is back on i think they are done already. I wont play amp till 100% sure they are finished around here

Not sure i heard the Phono while switching on my V8 and V8X amps. It might be normal with the V9, not sure, its phono section is much more powerful than the v8 and v8x

Maybe the 0.047uf cap i took out that was to ground in the signal path, as i had the CDE 2uf film cap in place of the old bi-polar - phono sounds great.

Funny thing is that the 1mv selctor only right channel increases in volume and left stays like the default 2.5mv selector

have to to just now address the hum via tone signal them across the inputs - right channel only, have to check input board again and maybe tone, no hum with straight dc

lol funny fan of docotor who also :D

phonostage schmatic pic

phono2 left and right continuity to earth x marks

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

photo above
caps removied C120/121

caps located in amp

cable used for phono van dammme cable copper spiral sheild /cotton and 2 signal wires

C117/18 wire used to film caps 26awg ptfe spc 2.0 uf film caps

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.