Low volume on all outputs/inputs (NuForce MCP-18)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I have a NuForce MCP-18. I noticed that the volume on all inputs and outputs have gone low. Almost feel like there is no gain whatsoever. At the highest volume, I can barely hear some sound. Could the problem be with the power supply? Can someone shed some light?
Thanks

Since all inputs and both channels affected, yes, it could be a power supply issue, one or
both rails down. Outside chance it's a failed component (opamp). Difficult to troubleshoot
without a service manual, depends also on your skills and tools available.

Since all inputs and both channels affected, yes, it could be a power supply issue, one or
both rails down. Outside chance it's a failed component (opamp). Difficult to troubleshoot
without a service manual, depends also on your skills and tools available.

Thank you for the reply. I have another unit and swapped out the power supply board. The unit worked perfectly. You are right, the power supply has issues. I will try and troubleshoot. The part of EOL, so replacements are not available.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.