AVR LFE signal to Power Amp and then subwoofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

My question is simple...

I have an AVR (SONY STR 1080) with LFE output. I want to connect that LFE yo my Behringer NU3000DSP and after that to my subwoofer (Dayton Ultimax 15@sealed 3cuft).

Do I need a Dual Channel Level Converter like the CLEANBox Pro? Or I just plug the LFE the the Behringer inputs and I am ready?

Thanks!

Well, my question was moved from the subwoofers sub forum.

According to my AVR manual, the LFE output has these specs:
SUBWOOFER Voltage: 2 V/1 kilohm

The Behringer NU3000DSP's input has these:
Input impedance 10 kΩ unbalanced, 20 kΩ balanced

I will probably NOT push the subwoofer too much, as I live in an apartment, and my listen volume it's low most of the time.

Mga2009

Why don't You just try it ?
RCA to XLR (Pin 1 and 2 Shorted)
I believe the Behringer is meant for Pro levels signal, but if You are now going to shake the house it should give You a decent level.
If, on the other hand the level isn't strong enough, You will never clip the Inuke.
I believe the Sony has a menu setting where You can change the individual channel gain. Mine has.
If it doesn't work correctly, You have to convert -10dBV to +4 dBU (~4* gain)
Don't mess with the Inuke crossover, since the LFE is already filtered.

Thanks for your reply.

Here is a picture of the cable I've got.
Imgur: The magic of the Internet

/. xlr red cable goes to RCA positive
/. xlr white cable and shiedl goes to RCA negative

Yes, I will try it, but I still don't assemble my subwoofer, so It seems I can't test it unless I can test it without speakers connected to the Behringer, and just check levels...

The Behringer it's meant for pro audio, and my sony avr have and individual channel gain setting, including the lfe channel.

Well,

I will reply to my own questions...

The Sony STR DN1080 manages to send enough signal to the Behringer NU3000DSP for it to run the Dayton Ultimax UM15.-

But... you will need to send a +10db signal on the AVR's LFE signal, +12db gain on the NU3000DSP and also turn the gain knob to half or more...

Probably not the best scenario, but it will work.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.