Fuse Holder Mystery Component

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a set of PCBs I purchased from eBay. I was going to hook 'em up and put them in a box but as I was populating the boards I ran into some weird fuse holders.

The rail fuse holders are unknown to me. The lead spacing is approximately 13.5mm and the holes on the PCB can accept just over 1.5mm diameter.

I was wondering if somebody new what part was supposed to fit here? See attached...

Cheers.

Attachments

• best.jpg
    best.jpg
    574.4 KB · Views: 287
  • best_b.jpg
    best_b.jpg
    372.2 KB · Views: 284
The Italian made Eaton BK/HTC-60M from Digikey is a very good fit. I had to knock off the central mounting post but the metal ends do all the work anyway. They can carry around 6 amps which is more than enough and the fuses fit snug as a bug, making full contact.

Thanks again for the input.

Attachments

• 20180925_102720.jpg
    20180925_102720.jpg
    742 KB · Views: 184
  • Fuse_Holder.JPG
    Fuse_Holder.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 174
UPDATE

I did buy 10 of the fuse holders(with covers) from Alibaba/AliExpress. $2.70 CAD including taxes, postage and parts! Ha ha. That's crazy. Compare from Digikey $2.02 CAD Each. Received the parts just short of 30 days.

The Digikey ones I purchased did not have covers. The Alibaba ones do AND they fit perfectly on the Digikey component. The quality of the metal is almost identical to the USA purchased product. The white plastic is of a slightly lesser grade and perhaps more brittle. The insertion and removal force required for the fuse is the same as the USA purchased ones. For all intents purposes, these fuse holders are perfectly fine. I see no reason they would fail if used at 6 amperes 100 volts or less/220 volt 5 amperes or less-ish.

Great purchase victory. Go get some if you desire. Quality is just fine.

Attachments

• 20181025_201001.jpg
    20181025_201001.jpg
    448.4 KB · Views: 114
  • 20181025_201048.jpg
    20181025_201048.jpg
    401.4 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Yep, so much for the better or certified quality you get from local distributors - It's often the same gear from China or other low-cost sources but with massive mark-ups and high delivery costs. If the holders are constructed in a similar covered box style and fit the PCB in the manner of the original example, they will all be thermoplastic mouldings - count on it.

Long ago, before the parts distributors became greedy, I bought packets of 200 M205 and 200 3AG PCB fuse clips and I still use these without covers, as specified for most amplifier kits with fuses including those from the US, Europe, local and of course, as you see posted in the design and build threads here. You could just buy the clips as they will likely have a similar footprint and fit the same holes anyway.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.