NAD T753 Infrared problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings,

I repaired a T753 just a few weeks ago (broken voltage regulator) and I started sending IR signals to the T753 using an arduino (I am not willing yet to buy an expensive original remote, especially not taking into account what is about to come).

At first it was easy and it worked fine. After a few minutes however, it started taking many clicks to make it do what I wanted it to do. After a day, I tried again and then it didn't work at all anymore.

Of course I sought for the problem in my improvised remote, but when looking at the IR LED with a camera and testing it on another device, I concluded that it was working perfectly.

The built-in screen was behaving weird after I repaired it too; i.e. it randomly shut down and when poking the power supply cable it worked again. Of course I removed the supply cable and tested it, but I wasn't able to find the problem. I tried testing the connectors, but there was nothing either. I don't think this is connected though and it has worked ever since, so I don't think this problem is that important.

I searched on the internet and found that other people had similar problems (not both at the same time) but weren't able to fix it. I sent a polite email to NAD to ask if they had any information about it, but they just plain ignored it. I guess it's true what they say about NAD being bad at customer service and this is discontinued for many years now too, so I didn't really expect anything.

However, I really like the sound from this amplifier and without IR, I can't do settings regarding my setup and that renders it almost useless for surround. If anyone has bumped into the same problem I would like to know about it and if anyone has fixed this issue of course.

I just located it, but couldn't read the name of the diode yet. It looks like it is a cheap way to lower the voltage from 13V to 12.3V. I can't directly see what it powers, that'll take some more time. However, it goes to the board bearing the chip, IR sensor and screen. How did you get this information? Does it fix it because of the lower Reverse Recovery Time and the higher Ampere rating?

Okay, I have been able too look at the diode. It was really really really hard, but it already says 1N4004. So this can't be the problem. The bulletin says it has been implemented from R44T75307875. My serial number is R4ZT75314019. I don't understand anything from those serial numbers but I know it is implemented in this one. Maybe there is another reason for this problem?

Hello. I also have problems with my T753, as it does not respond to my HTR2 Remote.
It has been unused for about two years, but has always been stored in at normal temp / humidity environment. Before this period it worked flawlessly.
I have tried to reset the Remote, and have verified that it works on other NAD equipment (cd player). therefore I assumed that the problem is with the t753 receiver. It there a way to verify whether this is correct, before sending the unit for at potentially costly repair.
I have a little experience reading a electronic diagram, and have downloaded the repair manual for the receiver. But cannot seem to identify which components are related to the IR sensor in the receiver..

Do any of you guys have a suggestion?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.