Technics SE-A100 Thermistor value - help needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Everyone,

I have been looking to find some information on a thermistor that is used in a Technics SE-A100 amplifier. The component in question is TH151. There is no resistance value or part number listed in the service manual.

Can someone help me identifying this part ?

Attachments

• A100.jpg
    A100.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Hi MAAC0,

Thanks for trying to help.

I can not measure anything as I don't have this thermistor. I want to source a replacement component.

Strangely another and different thermistor used elsewhere in the circuit is listed with value and part number in the documentation.

Hello,

There's a nice person in Germany who posted some detailed pictures here. As far as I can tell, Technics decided to replace R153+Th151 combo with a 470 Ohms(?) resistor. You can measure that resistor for sure and, knowing from schematics that R153 is 1.8KOhms, you'll have thermistor's value at 20*, as @MAAC0 said.

Regards,
Cosmin

Hi Cosmin,

Thanks for trying to help me and for the link.

As I had indicated in my previous post, I do not have the thermistor. I am looking for one or for a suitable replacement. Believe me, if I had one, I would have measured it already.

Hi MAAC0,

thanks again for trying to help.

So I guess you measured something with the circuit intact. I am not sure if this measurement would be valid.

What was the temperature at the time you took this measurement ?

Can you remeasure at two additional temperature points ?

Ideally, the thermistor is measured by itself without the circuit around it.

So both are in parallel. 1800 in parallel with 640 gives 472 Ohm.
I would try a 630 or 640 Ohm thermistor.

Hi all,

I think that position of VBE multiplier made Technics to not use the thermistor in the final product. This transistor is not directly placed on heatsink but on a prolongation of it... and so, is placed in an area (volume in fact) which otherwise would be covered by thermistor. If I'm right, Th is not needed indeed.

Regards,
Cosmin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.