USSA-5 Build with Review

fab

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Claude
The difference between USSPA1 and 2 is about the same as between amplifiers FSSA1 and 2....
The Mosfet driver is replaced by darlington Sanken bjt. The result is a similar open loop gain for both USSPA versions. The main advantage is that this bjt is still in production compared to the obsolete mosfet....
Fab

Hi Claude,

Very interesting to read that you grow up in Düsseldorf. As a child I live in Mettmann and the last school years i was in Düsseldorf. After that I was a few years at the Wuppertal university. Today I live in Gerresheim a part of Düsseldorf. In which Part did you live? When my calculations are correct then you must be a child of the middle 70?
So we are nearly at the same age, maybe our ways have crossed without knowledge. :idea:

I have had a look after your loudspeakers, impressive ones (congratulations), and find following informations about a person who used them with a 15 W tube amplifier (in the response part). Infinity Renaissance 90

So my thought is it could be possible, maybe Fab knows something more about it. If I could help you feel free to ask me.

Schönen Sonntag
André

I was based initialy at Kaiserswerth, then at various locations as that place less and less affordable, finaly Krefeld and Bonn. I remember Gerresheim very well as I went to the French school in Grafenberg. I was born in 1970 and that school was neighbour of a German school, perhaps you were there???

Many thanks for the link, will look at it in detail! And, well, I am talking to Fab, more and more tempted given all the reports inclusive yours already

bb

Claude

fab

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Ernst
Since I only just recently built version 2 and made a few changes in my system it is difficult for me to respond. I have not done yet an A/B comparison. Normally I like to do it with another passionate like me... however I can already say that I am satisfied with both versions.
Version 1 has been built a few members but not version 2.
Once I can provide more insight on the version 2 I will let you know.
Fab

Hello

My USSA-5 does not have the 2SJ313/2SK2013 paired and no problem on this subject but if you can find them paired it will be better.
Maybe it is possible to replace them with darlington as on the next FSSA but sel Fab can give you the answer.

I bought my transistors from this seller and they are authentic:
NEW Toshiba Vintage MOS FET 2SK2013 / 2SJ313 1Pair | eBay

You can contact Nicmac on this forum which may have sets available.

;)