USSA-5 Build with Review

fab

Joined 2004
Paid Member
You need to go here:

USSA 5 build and questions

Sign up as a member and Fab will send you plans and instructions via email/pm’s.

Oh, and learn to read in French or use Google translate. :)

Well to use the Quebec forum then it is in French (as this forum here must be in English). But you can simply send me a message by this forum here and provide your personal address if you want the construction manual.
Fab

fab

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Thank you Greg for your amazing review of a very fine build of a very well engineered amp, USSA5. It's highly motivating to read such a good review.

Fab, how does one get the schematic, instructions and board? I have 2 pairs of Alfet 16xx parts, enough 2SK/2SJ Toshiba laterals, torroids, regulated supply which I use with ClassA amps, heatsinks, cabinets and pretty much everything else.

Thank you in advance, Fab.

Hi Samuel
Please send me a personal message to get the construction manual. You will have to choose between USSA3 and USSA5... I may have 1 or2 pcb of an older version I think. I will check once at home.

Fab

Last edited:

fab

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Fab, ggetzoff,thanks for answer,but what about 2SK2013,J313?
Finally from where i will got the pcb?

Mosfet driver can be found here, for example :
Selling Zhou Fang’s remaining stocks including some very rare Toshiba transistors
There are also other sources but you need to get confidence for genuine parts....

For the pcb I am the only source.
Since I had a few inquiries by pm I may start a new group buy or even better if someone else could take this assignment since I already have done a few...

Fab

Last edited:

fab

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Thanks again Fab!
Me and my friend will wait for this new group buy.:)
In the meantime we will try to collect the parts.
Is it a bom available,or we need to buy the pcb first?
What is need to be matched for drivers?
Can you check on the list Selling Zhou Fang’s remaining stocks including some very rare Toshiba transistors what(matched) we need to buy?
Thanks for your help!
Hi thimios
Send me a pm for the partial manual including the BOM.
I will put you on the list for the pcb group buy, I suppose 2 stereo sets thus 4 pcbs?
NP matched quad (2N/2P) is correct for 2sk2013/2sj313. But if you want to build 2 amplifiers then Grade A or B matched octa would be appropriate too.
You are welcome.
Fab

fab

Joined 2004
Paid Member
How do I remove my name from the list? Baswamin has ordered two sets. One of those sets is for me. We discovered that we live very close to each other. So we will opt for common shipping. Thank you.
Hi Samuel
That can be very easily arranged. You just recopy the last list in a new post with your correction ;)
In order to know the other members for support you can put their member name in brackets.

But "maniraj" member (also from India) is telling me that the second set of Baswamin is for him...:confused:
Does it mean that Baswamin will take 3 sets?

Fab

Hello Fab,

That is correct. I will take 3 sets (baswamin, samuel and manniraj). All of them will be shipped to me. Here is updated list.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
1) Jacques Antoine, France - 1 set
2) Patriz 1 set
3) nfsgame, Germany - 2 sets
4) baswamin, India - 3 sets (1 set each for baswamin, Samuel Jayaraj, Manniraj, common shipping to baswamin)
5)Thimios-2 sets(4 pcb)
6)ravid, India - 3 sets
7) BDL, Romania - 1 set
8) Luke - 2 sets
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks

Hi Samuel
That can be very easily arranged. You just recopy the last list in a new post with your correction ;)
In order to know the other members for support you can put their member name in brackets.

But "maniraj" member (also from India) is telling me that the second set of Baswamin is for him...:confused:
Does it mean that Baswamin will take 3 sets?

Fab

ggzetzoff ,
How did you came out with the values of RM3 and RM4 ?

Attachments

• bias setting.jpg
    bias setting.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 1,784