Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

USSA-5 Build with Review
USSA-5 Build with Review
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old Today, 07:32 AM   #1331
prasi is offline prasi  India
diyAudio Member

USSA-5 Build with Review
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry3 View Post
or a 10Volt 5W zener in series with a 12V fan. However some fans might not start up if they don't get 12V on start up.
Something like this?
100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier
I do not know where it was posted originally, so quoting the Apex thread.
Old Today, 11:05 AM   #1332
mbrennwa is offline mbrennwa  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

USSA-5 Build with Review
Quote:
Originally Posted by fab View Post
...as Harry3 indicates read post 880 regarding 4 or 8 speakers
Dealing with the transition of class A to class B is one thing. Of course I like to keep it in class A for most of the time. My speakers are "amplifier friendly", so I am not too much concerned about the "4 Ohm vs 8 Ohm" issue (although I do understand this point). I also think that the "XYZ Ohm" rating method is almost useless in most situations, because it's usually more important if the impedance curve is smooth or has sharp peaks.

The other thing is that I want to bias the output devices such that they are operating in a more linear range. That's why I want to crank up the bias current. Looking at the Exicon curves, the linearity of the LatFETs is best between 2-6 A. That's why I thought to set the bias higher than suggested in the manual.

USSA-5 Build with ReviewHide this!Advertise here!