Krell KSA-50S schematics

The amp works perfectly, but occasionally the left channel does not turn on and I read that both the relay and the electrolytic of the soft-start circuit are prone to fail.

Being an amplifier of almost 25 years, I think that in addition to repairing the soft-start board could change all the electrolytics and probably other components that do not look good.

But despite having searched a lot, I have been unable to find the schemes.

If someone has them, can give a clue as to where to find them, or can share any experience on this particular model, I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

Rod

Krell KSA 100S

Krell KSA 100S.jpg

Hi,

Picking up this thread. I'm also looking for a KSA-50S schematic. Does anyone have one they could share?

I'm helping a friend deal with their recently-deceased amp; it powers up for a second and then shuts down. A quick check of what I could get to without major dismantling shows that 2 of the 3 output emitter resistors visible at the top of the left channel board are open circuit and burned. The companion TO-3 transistors appear to have shorted, which explains the resistor failure. I suspect there will be a similar problem with the other half of the circuit, but I won't know until I get it apart and can access the bottom of the board.

Before I take the surgery any further it would be great to have a schematic as a guide.

Thanks,
Peter

Attachments

• IMG_6007.jpg
    IMG_6007.jpg
    480.4 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_6008.jpg
    IMG_6008.jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 183
Hi, I need a circuit for Krell KSA-50S, service manual, or, if anyone remembers, the value of the emitter resistors on the output transistor driver, between the base and the emitter of the output trans ?! It has 3 pairs of output transistors, I note that it is a 50S model!