JLH Mosfet Power amplifier construction thread

Hello Again,

I have been searching through my documentation and have found a third construction manual! This one is 19 pages and is entitled K1100 Series Power Amplifiers - Version 2. I suspect this is a later version still. Again, I am happy to scan it, if you let me know.

Best wishes

Bespoke Constructor
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hello members

Have just made a little soft start module for the 500va transformer that I am using for this project
It has mains in (top right corner terminal)
then terminal for the main on/off switch and out put to fans and protection modules and from the red circuit board goes to the primary transformer winding

hope this makes sense

IMG_0533.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0534.JPG
    IMG_0534.JPG
    294.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0536.JPG
    IMG_0536.JPG
    378.2 KB · Views: 31
Bespoke Constructor
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Also Please note :
the power supply PCB has a very small over site that is easily rectified (yes I have not the time to re visit the Gerber file)

this PCB 1150-3 has been modified to take the latest power supply capacitors and a small copper wire / track was left off . This is very simply added at the assembly stage by taking the cathode wire from D11to the base (centre) connection of Q14

@jamesfeline

Please find attached the latest construction maunual I have. I believe it relates to the same version of boards that you are using. Unfortunately, the circuit diagrams are not very clear as Hart used scanned copies from the original magazine articles. Hope this helps?

BTW - Your thread reignited my interest in this amp to the extent that I got it out, checked it over and had a listen. It's 30 years old, still works and sounds good! I also have a pair of bare Hart power amp boards so am considering building it again as I feel I could probably make a better job of it now! :unsure: :)

Best wishes
David

Attachments

• K1100 Power Amp v2.0 Complete.pdf
    916.6 KB · Views: 106
Reactions: 1 user
Time for BOM. :) I have all ideas about almost all components, but what about resistors? Metal-evaporated ones I think we prefer, even in power resistors. Dale, or other brand? Also have to find an idea about polycarbonate capacitors. I have never used them, wich brand is preferred? And, for Gate stoppers, I will not use SMD because of heat related mechanical problems. I plan to use through hole ones with dedicated low inductance types, but open for discussion.