JLH Mosfet Power amplifier construction thread

Bespoke Constructor
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Enjoying this thread; I always lusted after building a JLH mosfet amp, but never could afford the Hart kit way back when.

I built both versions of JLH's 69 and 96 amps.

Hello mosfetDemond ...

thanks for the nice comments :eek: what did you think of the 69 / 1996 class A amplifiers .. this was my next build as I have never made one yet ..

Bespoke Constructor
Joined 2006
Paid Member
hello Nearly completed the power supply

Attachments

• IMG_1196.jpg
    IMG_1196.jpg
    672.2 KB · Views: 684
  • IMG_1197.jpg
    IMG_1197.jpg
    515 KB · Views: 673
  • IMG_1199.jpg
    IMG_1199.jpg
    491.3 KB · Views: 647
  • IMG_1200.jpg
    IMG_1200.jpg
    429.3 KB · Views: 627
  • IMG_1201.jpg
    IMG_1201.jpg
    565.3 KB · Views: 606
  • IMG_1211.jpg
    IMG_1211.jpg
    402.4 KB · Views: 141
Bespoke Constructor
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hello .. well the PSU all works, this PSU is a great little regulated unit .. that works great with common components, but as said this is a pure test bed to check newly constructed PCB's

Attachments

• IMG_1685.jpg
    IMG_1685.jpg
    783.8 KB · Views: 779
  • IMG_1686.jpg
    IMG_1686.jpg
    667.5 KB · Views: 757
Hi James
...plan to introduce fuses, as per your pics, to protect transformer 2ndary (and Primary if that's a good idea?).....not prepared to see another one hit the fan!

How would I go about selecting fuse values please.....haven't a clue where to start here...??...:confused:

Also...you mentioned the Hart construction manual last week...did you manage to find it??

Kev

Bespoke Constructor
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi
do you plan to sell the kit of parts from your stock?
kannan

Hello

Probably not .. but happy to make a basic kit that would include the PCB / rare original transistors & instructions (updated with mods)

As most if not all the caps / resistors are available form local sourced component outlets .. but yes this is something I have been thinking about

all the best

Hi.
Do you have any boards available?
I still have my original amplifier, but time has not been kind to the PCBs or some of the resistors and even though thoroughly cleaned, the PSU keeps tripping and there are a variety of variable faults in the power amp boards.
I'd like to rebuild them if possible.
If not, I could just strip them back and start again, but new boards would be nicer.
Let me know.
Best wishes
Simon