Hafler DH500 No gain in one channel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Strange problem here. After relocating the amp from one house to another, one channel seems to have lost gain. Both 'scope and voltmeter indicate output is equal to the input in one channel, the other functioning normally.

Fuses are fine, output relay is fine. +/- 90 volts is on the PCB (19c), the bias is set at 350mA, offset I adjusted to below 0.01V. So, to my mind, there is at least DC functioning from input to output. But why no gain?

Output stage and drivers are followers, so no gain there, but I'm terrible with SS schematics. Thought about some kind of resistive failure causing 100% feedback.......

Suggestions/ideas on where to look?

Thanks ahead of time,

Stuart

Attachments

• PC19c.PNG
    PC19c.PNG
    75.2 KB · Views: 69
C8 in the feedback circuit might cause that problem. Doesn't explain why moving the amp would cause the problem though.

Craig

Thanks Craig, I'll check that out tonight.

I replaced lots of caps and did some simple mods several years ago. It's been working fine for a long time. Maybe something like a stray piece of wire fell onto the board, but I've had that thing at every angle imaginable and nothing has changed, so maybe a shorted cap.

Stuart

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.