The Signal Transfer Company

PS I'm fine to be told that this isn't any of my business but I ask as if I and others who have purchased previously and are happy to endorse the quality etc put out the word that Signal Transfer is open for business, at least for PCBs, only to be told 'all gone' then that doesn't seem the right thing to do.

A perfectly sound question. You'll forgive me if I don't go into details (commercial confidence etc etc) but you need not worry. I have all the Gerber etc to get more PCBs done as required.

As to stock, to take an example I've got 20-off Devinyliser PCBs here. Should be enough for a while.

Coming from this, can anyone recommend a good free Gerber viewer that won't send my bank details to the KGB?

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Douglas, as a matter of routine I always upload my Gerber sets to eurocircuits.com , use Analyse my data, and they show you the board plus any and all data you might want to know.
They also will flag any issues for manufacturability if there are any.
And of course it is free.

Jan

Attachments

• gerbercheck.PNG
    gerbercheck.PNG
    247.1 KB · Views: 347
Coming from this, can anyone recommend a good free Gerber viewer that won't send my bank details to the KGB?

I have used the free version of GerberLogix which seems pretty sound. There is also "gerbv" which is part of the open source gEDA toolkit.. but rather crude and clunky.

I personally use JLCPCB for pcb manufacture, and their gerber preview facility is very good, as are the pcb's themselves :)

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I use: Online Gerber Viewer

You do have to set up an account (i.e. give them your email address). I've never had them email me, though. It's not the most intuitive to use, but at least you can check your files.

Tom

It's good for a basic check if all layers are there and such but it doesn't provide any manufacturability and DRC and DFM checks.

eurocircuits.com does all that and for me that's really necessary to make sure the boards you order are absolutely correct.

Jan

What is the point in discussing the name thing now? I really don't get it.

With regards to gerber viewers I can only support Jan's statements. The eurocircuits.com gerber viewer is the best one I ever used, most of the other ones out there don't even come close in terms of functionality and compatibility.

It's good for a basic check if all layers are there and such but it doesn't provide any manufacturability and DRC and DFM checks.

eurocircuits.com does all that and for me that's really necessary to make sure the boards you order are absolutely correct.

Absolutely fair. I rely on my layout tool to tell me if the DRCs are met. I rely on the manufacturer to tell me if they can't produce what I submit. I've yet to have a manufacturing issue related to DRCs. That said, I usually don't push the process very hard.

I'll check out EuroCircuits.

LOL <snort> :)

Doug: Reading your story made my stomach churn. I'm sorry to hear that you're in this pickle, but at least it looks like you're recovering well.

Tom

Last edited: