Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Request for Help to Understand the Kenwood KA-4000 High Pass Section
Request for Help to Understand the Kenwood KA-4000 High Pass Section
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th February 2018, 04:35 PM   #1
eschenborn is offline eschenborn  Germany
diyAudio Member

Default Request for Help to Understand the Kenwood KA-4000 amplifier High Pass Section

Good evening,

I have been pondering the 40Hz HP section (see pic) of this 1969 Kenwood amp for a good while and cannot make sense of how it works. (I am no EE, and still at the beginning of audio learning). Therefore I would like to ask for some help in understanding the schematic.

Is the HP always in or is it switchable? The switch depicted in the schematics is for a 80Hz HP, however. In any case I can't figure how the RC network works. Which Cs and which Rs from the schematics are implied?

To me it seems that the HP section of the KA-4000 is always in the circuit. A very similar HP section is in the KA-6000, albeit with an additional switchable 40Hz filter. The KA-6004 does have two seperate modules for low pass and high pass.

I will be grateful for some clarification! Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: png Schermata 2018-02-14 alle 17.16.28.png (214.6 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by eschenborn; 15th February 2018 at 07:28 PM.

Request for Help to Understand the Kenwood KA-4000 High Pass SectionHide this!Advertise here!