HELP HELP HELP - Just blew my amp, can't afford a new one.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
maybe a silly question, if I remove the power amplifier board with the FL channel, use wire cutters to remove the transistors, can that do any damage to the rest of the amplifier?

I'm wondering if there is a "simplest" way to effectively turn off that channel but return the amp to coming out of protect.

Starting to feel more confident with the amplifier circuit diagram, taking a look through it looks relatively simple as circuits go, but my expertise doesn't allow me to identify likely candidates for failure, am I looking at the MP/MN 1715's? How do I test them?

Aren’t sure how detailed microprocessor analyses this... I would expect these devices to be a Darlington pack - based on 1.2V base voltages...

I would check C-E of tr110 and 112.. - r136/138 may have gone open circuit to protect output of those driver transistors...

You can get the original parts from Denon I’d say, but I’m bettin it wont be cheap... if it were me I would fully turn VR101 counterclockwise and fit 2SD2561 (MN1715) and 2SB1648 (MP1715) and any other parts needing replacement (resistor(s) and drive transistor(s)) then power up and set according to adjustment procedure in manual

This amplifier is uProcessor controlled and if the output lines of each amplifier do not do as prescribed upon power up, after some 250mS the power supply shuts down.
You know it is the Left Front amplifier that was killed. Replace the output transistors, driver transistors, emitter resistors (if open circuit and follow the set up instructions on page 12 of the manual). It is a very simple amplifier, the uProcessor makes it seem complicated. You could use a power supply to hook onto the amplifier board for testing but ensure you limit the current to a hundred milliamperes or so.
There are a number of Fire Proof resistors so any resistor with the triangle sign may have failed but only on the one channel. Don't get confused!
The schematic is page 9/9 of the schematic section.
You have 250mS to fault find each time.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.