ovation sx amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I incorporated your feedback from your build into the latest document bambadoo - should be up to date.

Wolletje, V1.0 boards are quite old - there were a few component value changes IIRC after that. Where did you get you boards from?

Here is the link to the sx-Amp article Ovation sx-Amplifier: A High Performance 15 W Class A Current Feedback Amplifier

If you have questions, just email me.
Hi,
Thanks for the information.
Mabey there will be more from this diyaudio.
I hope hifisonic can help me also with this project with information.
I left a message there.
With regards Frits

Hi,
I have a question about Q3 and the solution mentioned by bambadoo. I saw a picture with a short from leg basis Q3 to R20 and a photo with a connection to R21. I do not understand witch of both is the solution or is the R20 with the 2.2/2.4K the solution for the Q3?
The C2 SMD on the amp circuit. This one not solder?
With regards, Frits

Attachments

• DocFile (2).jpg
    DocFile (2).jpg
    709.6 KB · Views: 354
  • 585817-122318.jpg
    585817-122318.jpg
    664.8 KB · Views: 338
  • 465917-122318.jpg
    465917-122318.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 344
Hi,
All the components for the sx amp are arrived a time ago and I like to start soldering but I am very very unsure about this last point and I need a solution for this point. I did not see a solution for this question yet.
There is a picture I got from Bambadoo e-mail, there is a jumper wire from Q3 (BC547C) to resistor R20 (R21 ?). Do I solder this jumper? Instead BC547C I use BC550C. But I suppose that's no big difference for this point.
I am happy with any help in making this amplifier. Thanks, Frits

Hi,
Thanks all, very helpful

Another questions:

1) The fuses 5A on the amp board? I cannot find if they must be slow (T) or fast (F) fuses?

2a) On mine version PSU are two rectifiers. Should I provide them with a cooling radiator?
2b) And I have to solder a 10nF 100V capacitor(s?) on the bottom of the PSU. I think from J3 (GND) to J14/J4 (OVC) but that is a great distance (50mm) on mine board. Is this right or is there another solution. I can extend the legs of the capacitors.
With regards, Frits

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.