• IMG_20200302_175842.jpg
    IMG_20200302_175842.jpg
    836 KB · Views: 456
  • IMG_20200302_181115.jpg
    IMG_20200302_181115.jpg
    671 KB · Views: 440
Last edited:
I'm busy reworking on the rear panel.
First attempt on lettering isn't successful.
I must rub,anodize and paint the rear panel again.:(
Hi thimios, i don't really understand why you anodize the panel you will paint. The anodize surface provide a really non adherant surface for painting job. To paint anodized aluminium parts it's always recommanded to rub out the anodize layer. So you provide paint adherance and before finish paint it's recommanded to spray an epoxy primer.

Marc

Hi thimios, i don't really understand why you anodize the panel you will paint. The anodize surface provide a really non adherant surface for painting job. To paint anodized aluminium parts it's always recommanded to rub out the anodize layer. So you provide paint adherance and before finish paint it's recommanded to spray an epoxy primer.

Marc

Hi Marc, i used the anodized surface as primer.
The first paint coating disappears by wetting the anodized surface.
I don't know if it is something wrong but works well for me.

I still haven't had a chance to hear mine.

No word from Crestnet on the SMPS testing yet. It sounds like his area was shut down tight due to the plague. Hopefully all is well.

Yes, the lock down in its final stages. We started to move by cars with limited movement.

I am not doing anything since 18 March, I will be able to finish the amplifier assembly in a week or two. Then testing should start same day.

I will update once I have something.

Hope everybody is fine.

Yes, the lock down in its final stages. We started to move by cars with limited movement.

I am not doing anything since 18 March, I will be able to finish the amplifier assembly in a week or two. Then testing should start same day.

I will update once I have something.

Hope everybody is fine.

Good to hear things are improving there.Things are getting better here too, but shipping is a disaster still.

I'll likely be testing it in a 250W @ 8R version, but it's got enough output devices for 500W operation, so it should load down well if we can cool it. It'll fit nicely in a 4U or 5U 300mm deep chassis. Everything about this amp will be unconventional, including the power supply and protection scheme, so lots of testing to be done before releasing it into the wild.