AB amplifier, first try

Status
Not open for further replies.
r7 r10 needs to be higher resistance, sure it will work at low powers but if you drive it hard you'll over power your vas transistor and kill it, unless heatsinked properly.
To me a circuit simulator means nothing. Its the sound when actually built and how it reacts in real world. Circuit simulators are not accurate.
Sound quality is using basic principles and common sense knowledge and advanced knowledge and putting the circuit together.
Sound quality is not using circuit simulator mess arround untill you get low distortion values.

I told you most of what you need to know to design a symetircal ocl from scratch, you should be able to design one from scratch working on any operating voltage by now.

Last edited:
Nice. Looks very close. I try this in to simulation first.
I try few simulation mine posted design, and IMD is strange. Change with biger input signal 100/500mV, but changed very small to load 4/444 ohm. Same to THD. Output stage is good, but some is bad to input? Or i am wrong?

Last edited:
I think its also important to have some sorte of understanding on basic principles on elctornics too before you actually do allot of amp bulding and expriementing.

learning basic transistor configurations common emitter, collector, base and hybrid pi model is very helpfull.

Without knowing these you are much more limited in what you can expriement and come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.