Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Hafler DH-200/220 Mods
Hafler DH-200/220 Mods
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old Today, 02:30 PM   #1541
ticknpop is offline ticknpop  Canada
diyAudio Member

Hafler DH-200/220 Mods
If some one goes ahead with Bob Cordell’s update as a kit or finished board i’d buy 12 boards/kits and pay up front to get it going. Yes they won’t be cheap - you get what you pay for, and Bob should get a royalty.
Old Today, 02:55 PM   #1542
rsavas is offline rsavas  Canada
diyAudio Member

Hi ticknpop,

I should have the DH-220C pcb's this week. I have asked BobC if he would be so kind as to review it. Bob said he would do so, but it will have to wait, as he is too busy with the book release at this point. So, I wait patiently. Bob did ask for me to wait for him to review/test the design before I release it.
I did order up a few pcb's, since I had another order to do and could combine shipping. I can work one up in the mean time.
The pcb itself will be relatively cheap, the BOM I have loaded up in Mouser and that is about ~$60CDN($40USD), plus the jfets which are about $10USD each.
I usually do not sell finished/tested pcb's, it is just too time consuming and non-economical but I am open to set aside time for the rich and famous. People who have more $ than they know what to do with :-)
Will sell the pcb's (probably on eBay since it is the easiest for me) and provide a link to a Mouser shopping cart. May consider selling the jfets with the pcb. One option is for me to solder on only the jfets in the sot-23-6 package, if it is an issue and it is used instead of the TO-71. There is a dual footprint on the pcb for these devices.
Since the design is public information, there is no requirement for royalties, but I will discuss this with Bob. People are free to send $ to Bob, I am sure he won't mind :-)
So hang in there for now on DH-200C, but it is coming soon.

Rick

Last edited by rsavas; Today at 03:19 PM.
Old Today, 03:33 PM   #1543
ticknpop is offline ticknpop  Canada
diyAudio Member

Hafler DH-200/220 Mods
Whatever suits you for your time, your work is greatly appreciated as is Bob’s.
Are you going to the Toronto Diy meet on Sunday?
Old Today, 03:49 PM   #1544
rsavas is offline rsavas  Canada
diyAudio Member

Thanks,

I was going to attend but I forgot that I have a scope test to be done on Monday morning, so I need to prep. Just bad timing for me. I should be able to attend the summer bbq if it happens, maybe we can have a working unit for that event.
Since I know you are interested, I will keep you informed as to our progress and let you know when we are ready.

Cheers
Rick

Hafler DH-200/220 ModsHide this!Advertise here!