Krell KSA 50 PCB

Ryssen said:

Why do you have to show them if you got no time to ship?:whazzat:
Just to tease me/us?
:rolleyes: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Actually I posted earlier that they were free to any takers who would pay shipping.

I got a couple of replies and "just" got around to taking the pictures of this one. First delay was getting another camera. Now I am starting to move out to the garage in my house pack up and snapped the pics.

I will have to go back in my old email to get the names of the people who wanted them to see if they still do.

I started a job with an Engring dept of 8 people 6 months ago. It's now me and an assistant left... Can you say busy?!?!

I have that one and 2 "flat" or "normal" sinks that are about 6-8 inches wide and 10-12" long. Enough for a low biased KSA or a high biased AB.

Picks of the other heat sinks soon. But again, I had takers who wanted pics and I am just getting around to it. If they decide not to pay shipping cost to ... where ever, then they will be up for grabs again.

Ok, this is officially the most time I have had to be on the forum then the rest of the month combined... :cannotbe:

But being busy makes the day go by and Troy a happy boy! :smash:

Side note, I have everything to build 3 stereo KSA-50 clones... EXCEPT TIME!!

I hope to build at least one before I die, loose my hearing, get remarried (equivalent to dying) or loose everything and live homeless in the street... But at least I will be able to set it up for 480V and plug it into a street light transformer and keep my cardboard box warm at night... :)

I hope everyone is well. Life is short, smile while you still have teeth! :D

Harry

My unloaded rails were right at 41.5 to 42 volts DC depending on the wall AC (800VA Avel monoblocks)

Loaded down by the circuit (untouched) I'm at 39.6 DC at 400ma bias at 118 volt's AC

The CL 60 (inrush 10 ohm) will reduce your wall AC by almost 1 volt by itself

No issues at these rail voltages

--------------------
Regards
David

AndrewT said:
Hi,
I would recommend you use a timed relay to short out the thermistor as soon as stable input conditions have been achieved.
Aim for 500mS to 1second delay.

Good idea, there are many examples of people here who did this in many different ways. Anyway, here is the way I did it, the Power Supply Wiring and Soft Start circuit (green board in the 1st diagram). Shorts out the thermisters with a variable delay and has variable voltage (pick whatever relay you want).