Krell KSA 50 PCB

I measured Ic, in accordance with that scheme in the picture. The temperatures were the same for all transistors.

Attachments

• dobor.gif
    dobor.gif
    4.5 KB · Views: 1,014
what is the operational current of your output transistors?
That is the test current at which you should measure the Vbe of the transistor. This will match Vbe at Iq.

If you require better matching then take matched sets of Vbe and measure the base current when Vbe for each DUT is identical and the Ic is within 5%. This will give transistors that match for hFE AND Vbe.

Yes, I still have some. Same deal as in the previous post. I don't want to make any money, just send it to DIYAudio and email me a copy of the PayPal receipt, I will send a pair of boards.....

Bob G.

troystg said:

Mark G had some left over that he gave to another person (Bob) to continue selling. I will look up that person and get back to you. I think this is the post...

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1665767#post1665767

Bob was also doing a good a job and was easy to get along with too.

jacco vermeulen said:
Not enough if biased for 50W with 37.5Vdc rails.

Your heatsink is in the whereabouts of 0.4C/W, and likely even a bit higher than that, for the numbers above you'll need 2 of them per channel.
And only if you can think up a way to use both sides of your symmetrical heatsink effectively.

Make it a KSA-25... :D 25 WPC Class-A is still a lot.

This is the last idea. I have 4 heatsinks. Two on a chanel. If I put 2 PNP transistors on the first heatsink and 2 NPN transistors on the second heatsink, probably I'll have problem with offset. I can do something like on a photo. I will put aluminium 4 x (2cm x 4cm x 10cm) between two heatsinks. Will it be enough for one chanel?

Attachments

• dsc_0253.jpg
    dsc_0253.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 607