Mains Switch Problems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all hopefully someone is able to help me on this weird problem I am having with a DPST illuminated switch the light is always on in both switch positions the amp will power on and off no problems at all but the switch illumination allways is on for some reason I thought that it only should come on when you flick the switch the folowing link is the switch I am using.

http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/4060167e0ee99804273fc0a87f9c06e5/Product/View/P7710

OK now how I have it hooked up is with the switch in the vertical position on the back of the switch are the 4 points with a multimeter the the 2 left is one pair and the 2 right are another pair and testing from the left side to the right side there is nothing no conection, I have from power in active side going to the left bottom connection of the switch then the top left conection going to the fuse from them to the toridal etc, from the netural it goes to the bottom right connection of the switch and then from the top right of the switch back to the toridal hopefully that is the correct way to hook the DPST switch up but I must have something wrong somewhere for the light to stay on

Thanks everyone any help greatly appreciated

Cheers
Angel-Baby

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.