this is with extra capacitors

Attachments

• IMG852.jpg
    IMG852.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 709
  • IMG317.jpg
    IMG317.jpg
    341 KB · Views: 280
I replaced NE5534 with AD825, there is a difference on the oscilloscope. The AD825 cleared the audio image a bit more. I think whether to replace them with the AD817 because I had the best results with it in Jung's regulators. There is an audible difference between the AD825 and AD817 in W. Jung's shunt regulator.

Attachments

• IMG55~2.jpg
    IMG55~2.jpg
    380.5 KB · Views: 268
  • ad825.jpg
    ad825.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 217
AD825 or AD817 - I would just try ... to get the best audio-performance;-)

I would replace all WIMAs. Would use the big caps only.
Coupling caps too. Any older electrolytics: do sound very very well. The WIMA MKP screeched and ripped and warped only. The MKS do sound gray and grainy.

AD825 or AD817 - I would just try ... to get the best audio-performance;-)

I would replace all WIMAs. Would use the big caps only.
Coupling caps too. Any older electrolytics: do sound very very well. The WIMA MKP screeched and ripped and warped only. The MKS do sound gray and grainy.

The WIMA MKP10 is quite OK for the price / quality ratio, as far as audio signals are concerned, I have never used MKS for an audio signal, they are for decoupling.

I'm not a fan of old capacitors, especially electrolytes.

... for an audio signal, they are for decoupling.

Everything within and outside the box "amp" is "audio signal"-)

A 3w Zen or 3w JLH

I would prefer the Zen.
Or would slim the JLH: No bootstrap, no Tr4 (see below: schemata)
Both with output-cap, no "complementary-psu" (+ and -)-!

... and no WIMAs;-)

Attachments

• dc011ac8992f455a731c48dc7c034fcd.jpg
    dc011ac8992f455a731c48dc7c034fcd.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 814
A few days ago I put the CRCRC filter back in power supply before the regulators, I lost another 2V on it and 3V on the regulator so now I have +/- 19V to power the JLH69.
The JLH69 sounds better again, so this combination definitely stays in the amp.

Attachments

• JLH69.jpg
    JLH69.jpg
    312.4 KB · Views: 1,079
  • JLH69 regulator.jpg
    JLH69 regulator.jpg
    328.7 KB · Views: 1,090
A few days ago I put the CRCRC filter back in power supply before the regulators, I lost another 2V on it and 3V on the regulator so now I have +/- 19V to power the JLH69.
The JLH69 sounds better again, so this combination definitely stays in the amp.

I see you have output transistors on separate heatsinks. Are they connected in some way that is not visible in the photo, or is it not a problem if they are on separate unconnected heatsinks?

Hello to all i am french the traductions being very bab, but knowledge in very limited electronics i have a lot of trouble understanding you. Is that one of toi cloud give me the définitive schema of jlh 2003 with the list of the components and setting the quiescent current for a + -30v Feed in advance a big thank you to you

Français
Anglais

Hello message to huggygoud I already explained on the forum that I don't understand anything about translations.is what we could match by email or phone. I want to assemble a jlh2003 and I have a great need for advice. But in good French. Thank you
Dictionnaire Français - Anglais
Bonjour message destiné à hugg
bonjourintj
bonjournom, m (pl:bonjours)
message/me.saʒ/nom, m (pl:messages)
destiner/dɛs.ti.ne/verbe (destine/destinait/destiné)
se destiner/dɛs.ti.ne/verbe (destine/destinait/destiné)
destinéadj
àprep
à l'initiativeprep
à l'inverseprep
à l'issueprep
à l'époqueprep
à partprep
à traversprep
Traduction automatique 5
Model: Generic (by SYSTRAN) - (profil utilisé)
Hello message to huggygoud I already explained on the forum that I don't understand anything about translations.is what we could match by email or phone.
Model: Legal (by Crosslang)
Hello message to huggygoud I explained on the forum that I don't understand anything about translations.is what we could match by email or phone.
Model: Dialog (by SYSTRAN)
Hello message to huggygoud I already explained on the forum that I don't understand anything about translations.is what we could match by email or phone.
Model: Legal (by SYSTRAN)
Hello message to huggygoud I already explained on the forum that I don't understand translations. is what we could match by email or phone.
Model: IT (by SYSTRAN)
Hi message to huggygoud I already explained on the forum that I don't understand any translations.is what we could match by email or phone.
By systrangroup.com
With openNMT
On ovhCloud
SYSTRAN ©2019 All rights reservedAccord de licence
HAUT DE LA PAGE
En utilisant ce site, vous acceptez que des cookies soient utilisés à des fins d'analyse du trafic et pour mémoriser vos paramètres sur ce navigateur et cet appareil.En savoir plusX

Thanks every one... I know the 2n3055 are old and considered not suiteble for quality audio.. I also read that in D.Self's book.. so I would like to switch to the MJ15003's.. I just need to find them first:(

greetings,
Thijs

I use the MJ15003/4 in an update of the 1980's Maplin disco amplifier.
They work very well.
I get mine from CPC, Farnell and RS Components with no problems.

Hello!

Looking for advice/suggestions on JLH projects here.. I bought a pair of the chinese JLH kits (white PCB 1pc JLH 1969 Class A Verstarker Board Hifi hochwertiger PCB mot/2n3055 Do it yourself Kits | eBay)
and a pair of 'JLH2003' boards with dual supply and double outputs 2 PCs Hood jlh2003 Class A Single-Ended Power Amplifier PCB 2 Kanal 22w+22w | eBay

The white boards I have been thinking of modifying to 'sublimed' ( sublimed JLH1969 )
Or, should I just keep it as is, or maybe replace just outputs?

The dual supply/dual output boards need populating.. any recommendations on what good and easy to find transistors I should use? Possible improvements?

Attachments

• jlh white.jpg
    jlh white.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 514
  • jlh dual.jpg
    jlh dual.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 498
  • jlh dual sch.jpg
    jlh dual sch.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 494
I see now that the dual supply version is the same as the 'Higher power circuit' here: The Class-A Amplifier Site - JLH Class-A Update

I found the following transistors locally:

Q1, Q2 MJ15003
Q3 BD139-16
Q4 BC560c
Q5 BC560c
Q6 BC560c
Q7 BC560c
Q8 BD140-16

Is this a good substitution, or are there better alternatives? The 2sa/sc (toshiba?) are not available.

Attachments

• jlhupdatefig3.gif
    jlhupdatefig3.gif
    9.5 KB · Views: 718