Goldmund Wiki and build 2017

Hi,

Some questions here.
I noticed that in different model of Goldmund, there are some slight changes.

In Mimesis 29.4, there are no ZD12V+1N4148, 2* 4.7pf, while these are seen in mimesis 3/9 models.

What are their role in this circuit? Could I ignore them?

thanks

Attachments

• ZD12V.jpg
    ZD12V.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 1,902
hi
is there anyway to make this amplifier work with vetical mosfets any mods?

Yes, you can do that.

I've tried many style output , from BJTs driving BJTs, BJTs driving Lateral MOSFET, MOSFETs driving BJTs, Lateral MOSFETs driving BJTs...etc.
And now, i'm running BJTs driving LMOS and BJT drving LMOS. They gave me best sounding.
Just remember, if using VMOS/BJT output, you must have bias circuit to avoid thermal runaway.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 user
Yes, you can do that.
Just remember, if using VMOS/BJT output, you must have bias circuit to avoid thermal runaway.

Mr. Walkalone,

I cited your words, hope you don't mind.

You said:
"Problem is the quiescent current of LTP.
Telos is 4.6mA, Mimesis 2mA."

Do you mean 2mA for single side, or fro dual side?

BTW, it would our pleasure if you could kindly share more technically details with us.

Best,

Eric

Last edited:
In Mimesis 29.4, there are no ZD12V+1N4148, 2* 4.7pf, while these are seen in mimesis 3/9 models.
They theoretically protect the amp from overcurrent
MOSFETs have a differential voltage limit for the gate, maybe 15V maybe 20V, some have an internal Zener to prevent from that being exceeded and some don't. Alfets don't.

So they are used either for protection of the MOSFET, or out of desire to limit the voltage drive and therefore limit the output current of the amplifier, maybe because the PSU is inadequate due to cost saving, or the heatsink is small due to cost saving.

Last edited: