GainWire Mk3 CFA pre/phone amp with very low distortion

What you mean bottom hole?
No need for 3W here, even 2W is power to spare..

Hi Damir,

check the diameter of the drill holes at R24,R25. I recognized also, that the two diameters of each resistor are different, and even 2W resistor was hard to equip. For further order choose the bigger diameter for drill holes.

Pls keep me informed about Biino, and tell me your opinion about it.

BR
Günther

Hi Damir,

check the diameter of the drill holes at R24,R25. I recognized also, that the two diameters of each resistor are different, and even 2W resistor was hard to equip. For further order choose the bigger diameter for drill holes.

Pls keep me informed about Biino, and tell me your opinion about it.

BR
Günther

Thanks schillg11, looks like you answered dadods question on post #200 .

Headphone test.No.1

Attachments

• IMG_20161210_151626.jpg
    IMG_20161210_151626.jpg
    760.6 KB · Views: 594
sa970,2240 not fakes but.looks like diotek or cdil.

Peakatlas pro75
Bc550c bc560c onsemi lowest vcesaturation 0.019
Philips genuine silver plated vce sat 0.022
Fairchild 0.022 - 0.024
Cdil 0.027
Fairchild bought from mouser, cdil from reichhelt just to test
Onsemi,philips from 1993 to 1995 from yleiselektroniikka.fi
Looks like onsemi is a winner .

bc33740ta fairchild has low Vce (0.005V) measured with peaktech dca75pro.

About output transformer , seperate small stainless steel case outside main chassis with input/output three lead power connector , okay ? I don't need riaa stage or other very sensitive stage.

I would love a S/PDIF from computer card & convert the signal digital / (analog) and amplify with gainwire to poweramp (what is your opinion on this?) some sort of remote control with remote/my phone IR / universal . Or just controll the DAC volume ,hmm
Computer i use mostly to listen to music as my cd are in one place, I love good records at times I fall asleep at listening to a good stereo sound .

last missing components come tomorrow.

BR.Toni

bc33740ta fairchild has low Vce (0.005V) measured with peaktech dca75pro.

About output transformer , seperate small stainless steel case outside main chassis with input/output three lead power connector , okay ? I don't need riaa stage or other very sensitive stage.

I would love a S/PDIF from computer card & convert the signal digital / (analog) and amplify with gainwire to poweramp (what is your opinion on this?) some sort of remote control with remote/my phone IR / universal . Or just controll the DAC volume ,hmm
Computer i use mostly to listen to music as my cd are in one place, I love good records at times I fall asleep at listening to a good stereo sound .

last missing components come tomorrow.

BR.Toni

You mean mains transformer? It's not necessary to use separate case, and why stainless steel, it's not ferromagnetic.
I don't think that PC sound card is good enough to be used as a source, better to use good external USB DAC.

You mean mains transformer? It's not necessary to use separate case, and why stainless steel, it's not ferromagnetic.
I don't think that PC sound card is good enough to be used as a source, better to use good external USB DAC.
Some stainless steels are magnetic. They need to be to enable magnetic crack detection to operate.
All steels have some iron content, even stainless steels.