simple quasi complimentary MOSFET amplifier BUILDERS GUIDE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
D1 and 2 = 1n4004
D4 =1n4002 why not a 1n4004 too

Attachments

• QUASI rev4.2-schematic.png
    QUASI rev4.2-schematic.png
    118.6 KB · Views: 921
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
The 1n400x x=1,2,..7 just means it has higher breakdown voltage with 7 being 1000v. The forward drop is still the same ~0.6v I think.

Hugh Dean has some different values for some of the components but that has not been tested.

Well, I am using Aksa's values and they seem to work for me. I just need to add the 220R resistor to my string since I have 500R trimmer and it should let me hit 0v. I am at -23mV but down from -2.5v before so Hugh's values have really been helpful for me. The biggest change was probably use of 1n4148 for the red LEDs.

Offset adjust part have design problem. to get offset near to zero, the base voltage of Q1 will be between -0.55 V to -0.65V.As per the existing design it will between-2.4 to -2.8. you cannot get zero bias. Another issue is VR1 is connected in series with led, Any change in -ve supply voltage will change offset, may be small because R6 is much higher than VR1.But sure it will change.

By very little modification you can get stable 0V offset.

Attachments

• Amp.jpg
    Amp.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 612
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.