Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

allfet circlotron
allfet circlotron
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th December 2018, 02:35 PM   #941
alexberg is offline alexberg
diyAudio Member

Knowing the headroom you may clip at the input not clipping amplifier itself. Is it production type design? Especially if this does not damage amp.
Cheers
Old 8th December 2018, 05:55 PM   #942
kees52 is offline kees52  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexberg View Post
Knowing the headroom you may clip at the input not clipping amplifier itself. Is it production type design? Especially if this does not damage amp.
Cheers
It is the output who does clip, and as a result the feedback does try error correction, so VAS is also distorted.

I have not very much open loop, however I use two cascodes, who does the job well. I do however ask myself of this is a good idea to drive the mosftes gate capacitance because cascodes are high impedance who needs a soruce follower, I have that as extra into the circlotron itselfs as a IRF 610, but means twice the voltage before idle gets up.

also the drive needs higher output, but the bridge do put that in half.

I see that the autobias needs always a sudden idle current, when not the system does not start because reference voltage stays higher.

So I'm look at a way to get it right, it is possible to start with 1 amp idle, everything above the idle I want is oke, so when I do 500 ma amp needs to start with 600ma as a example, or invert things but I do not now if that works.

I have no plans for commercialize this design, I do think about class D design, it is better and better with the new parts. and I have some done.

regards
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenHunter_1688 Dec. 08 18.45.jpg (143.1 KB, 33 views)
Old Yesterday, 02:11 PM   #943
diyAudio Member

I have a question what proberly already is answered by alex, I get high distortion in the long tail pair or differential input stage, and very low at the output, but this can mean sound will be not that good, I presume there are here amp designers who can tell me if this is maybe because of current feedback, a current source below the input stage can help however current feedback then give for shure errors.

twh pics one the output probe and one the input stage who has jfets and cascoded with a mosfet.

thanks for help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenHunter_1693 Dec. 09 15.04.jpg (202.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg ScreenHunter_1692 Dec. 09 15.03.jpg (181.0 KB, 13 views)
Old Yesterday, 02:30 PM   #944
diyAudio Member

Voltage feedback now but still, low output distortion, but quite high at long tail pair stage.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenHunter_1694 Dec. 09 15.19.jpg (183.5 KB, 10 views)

allfet circlotronHide this!Advertise here!