A three transistor compound pair?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hahaha, T117! I haven't got time to look at this right now but your "closer to reality" did make me laugh.

We're trying to look at the output stage in isolation. What it is driven by is another question. I'll drive it with an op amp with 0.01 ohms output impedance if needed. And we know from Self that a buffer here and there does wonders for the distortion. A fet on the way in might work too. (Well, it would.) The point is comparison and most people I have read seem to think a CFP is potentially better, especially in a simple follower, than just an EF. Here I am giving the driver a bit more work to do and that seems to be paying off. Catch you perhaps tonight or maybe tomorrow.

Hahaha, T117!
:D

I'll drive it with an op amp with 0.01 ohms output impedance if needed. And we know from Self that a buffer here and there does wonders for the distortion.
There are no miracles. OpAmp has the same cascades as PowerAmp. LTP, VAS and output follower. OpAmp is subject to the same laws of physics as PowerAmp. If built on discretes OS contributes to the signal distortion, the same distortion he will give in a monolithic chip. Just a point of occurrence of distortion will be unavailable for devices, but the mind we will know that they are there.

It must be two years since I was looking at this and I'd have to reread the whole thread to be sure of exactly what was going being discussed. I remember there was some good stuff and that I came to some conclusions that I will use at some point in the future (which should be embodied in the LTspice circuits I did at the time - but even those will be hard to find) but I don't know how I can replay all my internet activity from that time. I think you'll have to search for Crimson CFPs and instability. That's what I did.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.