Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

LJM MX50-SE - Build Log Gallery & My Build Progress
LJM MX50-SE - Build Log Gallery & My Build Progress
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th September 2015, 12:54 PM   #1
dakku is offline dakku
diyAudio Member

Lightbulb LJM MX50-SE - Build Log Gallery & My Build Progress

Hi All,
Decided to start a thread documenting my build progress, mostly for my own future reference.

Seeing as most of you are already skilled builders and have some fantastic builds under your belt, your feedback, comments, tips and criticism is greatly welcomed and valued..

So here it goes..

I am still awaiting a few more parts to arrive, so decided to work on the amp boards and chassis.

Drilling the Chassis:
This was some of the most laborious task. hand drilled 2.5mm holes first and then widened them to 3mm using HSS drill bits.

An externally hosted image should be here but it is no longer accessible. Please upload images instead of linking to them to prevent this.

An externally hosted image should be here but it is no longer accessible. Please upload images instead of linking to them to prevent this.

Tapping Holes:
I didnt have a 3mm hole thread tap, so it was kinda painful.. And obviously didnt go quite to plan.. One if the risers broke in the hole when I was trying to screw it in. Had to drill this broken one out and re-tap the hole..

Attaching Boards:
Finally, the holes are drilled, tapped and risers screwed in. Finally I can attach the boards to mark out the holes for the transistors..

Testing the Final assembly

I dont have the appropriate screws for attaching the transistors yet, will wait to source some and then attach the electrical insulators..

More to come.

Last edited by dakku; 16th September 2015 at 12:57 PM.
Old 25th September 2016, 04:36 PM   #2
DIY4life is offline DIY4life
diyAudio Member

Smile MX50 SE Amp Kit

Hi I'm new to the forum and have the same amp kit you built. I'm very curious to know how your project turned out? Do you have a video or more posts on the forum?
Old 28th September 2016, 08:28 AM   #3
balle123 is offline balle123  Norway
diyAudio Member

Nice...
Old 28th October 2016, 08:49 AM   #4
citrastp is offline citrastp
diyAudio Member

Any update on this project?

LJM MX50-SE - Build Log Gallery & My Build ProgressHide this!Advertise here!