Revisiting some "old" ideas from 1970's - IPS, OPS

Here is what exactly matches my board in servo area.

Attachments

• symasui-servo thimios.JPG
    symasui-servo thimios.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:
Idle current

Hi,
I have a simple question about (your) output stages.
For the future I'am planning a 3 way activ speaker system.
And I want to estimate the idle current.

What is the idle current of a complimentarily pair bipolar transistors (e.g. NJW0281g/NJW0302g in the NS-OPS or slewmaster)
or mosfet complimentarily pair (e.g. IRFP240/IRFP9249 in VHEX+ in the slewmaster)?
Is there a difference if the current is adjusted optimal?

Hi,
I have a simple question about (your) output stages.
For the future I'am planning a 3 way activ speaker system.
And I want to estimate the idle current.

What is the idle current of a complimentarily pair bipolar transistors (e.g. NJW0281g/NJW0302g in the NS-OPS or slewmaster)
or mosfet complimentarily pair (e.g. IRFP240/IRFP9249 in VHEX+ in the slewmaster)?
Is there a difference if the current is adjusted optimal?

Hi Ampi,

Idle current depends not only on the output device type (BJT, MOSFET, etc.), but also on the nuances of particular topology.
I thought I gave you the answer in Post #1600. Did I? :)

Cheers,
Valery

Just a note; on my Symasui, the servo works just fine. The issue is that there is about 2v offset at turn on. Within about 4 or 5 seconds the servo corrects it and it drops to zero offset. I assume that Thimios is working on bringing the initial offset closer to zero so the servo doesn't have so much to correct. Is this right?

Just a note; on my Symasui, the servo works just fine. The issue is that there is about 2v offset at turn on. Within about 4 or 5 seconds the servo corrects it and it drops to zero offset. I assume that Thimios is working on bringing the initial offset closer to zero so the servo doesn't have so much to correct. Is this right?

Hi Terry,

In general - yes, however we observed certainly strange servo behavior, which is not related to any design issues - Pete's integrator is just fine. Thimios is trying to localize the root of the issue - in his case, servo's involvement leads to the offset increase, comparing to no-servo version...