Revisiting some "old" ideas from 1970's - IPS, OPS

Speaking of the ECC88 Ampwire, IT SINGS!
ECC88%20Ampwire%20heated%20up_zpsie8dod5c.jpg

ECC88%20Ampwire%20100khz%20square_zpskbztcxq3.jpg

ECC88%20Ampwire%2050khz%20square_zpsdccezaw4.jpg

ECC88%20Ampwire%2020khz%20square_zpsaekldr42.jpg

ECC88%20Ampwire%2010khz%20square_zpsietnrtqo.jpg

ECC88%20Ampwire%201khz%20square_zps7kubc1bc.jpg

I take it to mean it works right out of the gate with no fiddling with part values?
Sounds like it's time to do some drilling and soldering. HooooDog!!!

Please Terry tell us more toward your whole experience in Slewmaster family...

The Slewmaster series was life changing for me. The format of having an OPS that we could couple with almost and unending variety of IPS circuits is DIY Nirvana. I built just about every IPS that OS designed. Then he was gone for a while and Valery joined in and designed a whole other set of circuits based on the same principle and i have built most of those. I have a now way too many amps. Here is a pic of just a few of the ones that need a home someday.
bone%20yard_zps9sdlpp8q.jpg

I take it to mean it works right out of the gate with no fiddling with part values?
Sounds like it's time to do some drilling and soldering. HooooDog!!!

Yes it worked first time. A warning. the boards I etched were designed my Marc (Idefixes). They have different part numbers that the schematic that Valery posted. Marc provided a BOM that helped quite a but I wanted to use Valery's values which were different on a couple resistors and caps so I had to follow the traces on the board to discover which ones they were. It may work fine with the values in the BOM, I didn't try those.

Yes it worked first time. A warning. the boards I etched were designed my Marc (Idefixes). They have different part numbers that the schematic that Valery posted. Marc provided a BOM that helped quite a but I wanted to use Valery's values which were different on a couple resistors and caps so I had to follow the traces on the board to discover which ones they were. It may work fine with the values in the BOM, I didn't try those.

This is asking a lot, but since I etched the same layout, any chance you would post your silk with values? I can trace it as well, but I am a Pass Forum greedy lazy boy. It's cool if that's too much of a pita. Thanks!:cubist:

The Slewmaster series was life changing for me. The format of having an OPS that we could couple with almost and unending variety of IPS circuits is DIY Nirvana. I built just about every IPS that OS designed. Then he was gone for a while and Valery joined in and designed a whole other set of circuits based on the same principle and i have built most of those. I have a now way too many amps. Here is a pic of just a few of the ones that need a home someday.
bone%20yard_zps9sdlpp8q.jpg

That is a slew of amps you've got there. If you ever put them in cases, there could be a global aluminum shortage.:D

This is asking a lot, but since I etched the same layout, any chance you would post your silk with values? I can trace it as well, but I am a Pass Forum greedy lazy boy. It's cool if that's too much of a pita. Thanks!:cubist:

I won't have time today but I don't mind doing it. I'll try to post it tomorrow.

BTW, are any of you having trouble uploading pictures? It keeps telling me that the upload failed. I have been having to use a hosting website.

Speaking of that, I had forgotten that I built the Vertical on some of Jeff's boards but never tested them. Since I had the OPS set up to test the ECC88 Ampwire I thought I'd test the Vertical too. Worked first time! Sounds lovely as expected. Square waves are not quite as crisp as the Ampwire in the frequencies above 20khz. Probably the filter.

Vetrical_zpsde22qdgu.jpg

I won't have time today but I don't mind doing it. I'll try to post it tomorrow.

BTW, are any of you having trouble uploading pictures? It keeps telling me that the upload failed. I have been having to use a hosting website.

Speaking of that, I had forgotten that I built the Vertical on some of Jeff's boards but never tested them. Since I had the OPS set up to test the ECC88 Ampwire I thought I'd test the Vertical too. Worked first time! Sounds lovely as expected. Square waves are not quite as crisp as the Ampwire in the frequencies above 20khz. Probably the filter.

Vetrical_zpsde22qdgu.jpg

You are the only one of us that have built so many that you can forget you built one.:worship:

O
Hi Terry,

Very cool! Is it mini Slew, that was used in all these recent tests? Have you got a link to its schenatic by chance?

Thank you,
Valery

Hi Valery,

Yes it was the slew mini. I like to use it for testing when I can because it is small and somewhat more tolerant of ips current differences. I'm not at home so I'm on my phone.l tried searching for the schematic but we designed it through three different threads and I couldn't find it. I will look again in the morning when I am back at my computer.

Blessings, Terry

Edit: I see that Marc had it.

Last edited:
Hi valery,
do you remerber, we discuss about a Parts Value / Vrail (35vdc, 42vdc, 50vdc... ) charts for tube version? If you had a little time...I will order some board of the Tube IPS.

Marc

Hi Marc,

Here is the chart for Tubie version together with the schematic (just in case, same as shown in post #209).

Cheers,
Valery

Attachments

• 90-Tubie-Chart.JPG
    90-Tubie-Chart.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 474
  • 00-AmpliWire-03-Sch.JPG
    00-AmpliWire-03-Sch.JPG
    144.3 KB · Views: 311