problem with a Crest 8001 power amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK I just talked to Peavey about this Crest 8001 power amp that has a problem with with the gain level . Peavey has since bought out Crest . I told them that the gain looks OK until the last 5th of attenuation. They told me to look at IC 4 which is the opperational transconductance amp. It is a 16 pin op amp in the front end of the Crest power amp. This IC controls attenuation and clipping for both channels , since the problem is symetrical on both channels this op amp may be the culprit. Peavey said its hard to get to so please wish me luck on repairing this power amp.

LM13700

Hello
greetings LM13700 i use in my input limiter signal control
available here in india

warm regards
Andrew

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    947.5 KB · Views: 116
OK I just talked to Peavey about this Crest 8001 power amp that has a problem with with the gain level . Peavey has since bought out Crest . I told them that the gain looks OK until the last 5th of attenuation. They told me to look at IC 4 which is the opperational transconductance amp. It is a 16 pin op amp in the front end of the Crest power amp. This IC controls attenuation and clipping for both channels , since the problem is symetrical on both channels this op amp may be the culprit. Peavey said its hard to get to so please wish me luck on repairing this power amp.

SMD version available:

NE5517DG ON Semiconductor | Mouser

Just some play to fit...

Sajti

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.