Bass blocking cap at amp input

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I need to block frequencies of about 150hz and down from going through the input of my amp (Ashly SRA 120) This is for an organ set up whereas I "lifted" the audio signals of the organ to feed a separate reverb unit which in turn feeds a 2 channel amp ( mentioned) which in turn feeds smaller full range speakers for the reverb effect. The pedal bass proves to be too much yet cannot be separated out prior to mix down.
Thanks!

The manual says the input impedance is 20K Ohm balanced. Thus with a differential drive, each conductor sees 10K to ground. Assume that the driving source impedance is low, perhaps 600 Ohms differential, or 300 Ohms each side to gnd (or an imagined ground if transformer isolated).

With all those assumptions stated, you can make first order high pass filter at 150 Hz if you place a 0.1 uF cap in series with each of the signal input leads.

Calculation:

1/(10300*2*pi*150)=1.03e-7, or quite close to 0.1 uF.

To maintain best hum rejection, the two caps should be well matched.

Update My Dynaco

Akitika Preamp and Power Amp Kits

Thanks djoffe!
Your suggestion is exactly what Leslie did in their model 720 speaker to keep bass out of the rotary channel (.1 mfd)
However, I'm feeding my (reverb) amp from my reverb unit with mono 1/4" to 1/4" cables. Would your suggestion still hold true? BTW its an Alesis Nanoverb unit.
Again, thanks for your help!

OK I found the spec on impedance on the 1/4" unbalanced out of the reverb unit (driving power amp) it is 500 ohms. However, the input impedance spec on the power amp (Ashly SRA 120) only gives me impedance in the balanced mode. So would I just take half of that to use in my equation? or?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.