Need a decent kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey i have never really built an amp before, but it looks really interesting and i hope ot get good.

I realise that i can probably/most definatly not make my own amp froma schematic without atleast one practice round with a kit or something liek that. so i am wondering if anyone here has any suggestions to decent Amp or Preamp kits, or any sites that sell decent amp or preamp kits.

thnx a bunch

well if you do decide to build one from a schematic this is about as simple and cheap as it gets. This a stripped down p3a that works surprisingly well for it's lack of parts. It's only good for about 5 watts but can be made from fairly cheap.

If you would like to try this I can send you all the design and construction info.

Attachments

• 5watt-small.gif
    5watt-small.gif
    7.3 KB · Views: 380
I just built the OPTI-MOS 200W kits from Randy Slone (as my first project ever). Everything come out as expected, sound quality is outstanding, I use them with old Infinity Reference II speakers which are a tough reactive load (1ohm load at 40Hz) and these have put many unsuspecting amps to 'their knees' so far. I'd recommend him with no reserve, the guy know his business, will help & guide you through every detail you may need. http://www.sealelectronics.com

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.