Surface mount diode identification required

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi.
I'm trying to repair an icepower 200asc rev F module.
Yes, I know it's class D.
But this is a question on a surface mount diode on the board.

Its stamped as a '630 MX'.

I have a second board and the same device measures as a diode.
Its black, 5.5mm x 4mm x 2mm.

So far I have been unable to locate the code to tell me what it is or what I can use as a replacement.

Any and all help greatly appreciated...

Update.
When I started trying to find out what this bugger is (was) I sent an email to on semi.
They have now replied (many thanks on semi, much appreciated).

As I've found through other research, the '630' is most likely a date code.
The needed info is the 'MX'

On semi list the part as a 1SMB48AT3G
Its listed as - 600w peak power zener transient voltage suppressor - unidirectional.

Try saying that when ya drunk :D

Attachments

• 1SMB5.0AT3-D.pdf
    154.1 KB · Views: 63
Joined 2010
Paid Member
....As I've found through other research, the '630' is most likely a date code...The needed info is the 'MX'....On semi list the part as a 1SMB48AT3G....
It seems I'm the one who needs to change search engines! I guess you would never find a reference searching such a wide category as MX anything. What's more, I still can't find the marking reference in Motorola TVS diodes or general SMD diode code catalogues.

Google has an excellent learning capability to track the user's search habits and interests. That's fine if you don't change them and let yourself be trapped in that corner until the engine re-learns your new interests. Catch 22 :eek:

hm, most of my research was inconclusive in its information.

I got to where I did by reading between the lines of many web sites and forum posts, and somehow joining disconnected info together.

It's a talent that scared my last few bosses to the point where they felt threatened by me and ended up firing me.
Last one found out that wasn't a smart move at all (I successfully sued them)

But, back to the diode.
I initially though it was a capacitor.
fortunately I had a second good unit to examine, this one measured like a diode.
Under a mag lamp I could see the 'on semi' logo.
took a gamble and sent on semi an email.
thankfully they were good enough to reply and gave me that pdf and info.

on the way I emailed a company that uses this amp in its products (they tried their best to help, but had no info available to them)
also emailed icepower, who to their total disgrace have not replied at all.

the only real info I found was that smd semiconductors use totally unrelated part labeling.
the mx revealed nothing.
it is only the part manufacturer that can tell you what it is for sure.

fyi, I use duck duck go as my search engine...
strange name, but seems to work well for most of what I want..

I've now ordered some of these diodes through RS...

I just hope my repair of this amp board works as a replacement board is ~$500, and theres 2 in the end product (dual driver sub), so prob best to replace both at same time........

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.