How to build a 21st century protection board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Works in win 7 usb - detects it /powers it.
(below).
Dang 53mb download - that's huge ---an hour for me and "redneck internet".
"arduino IDE 1.0.6" they have a beta , too - but it is HUGE.
The dongle it takes down here in the states is your bog standard MP3
player usb adaptor , (or old phone plug).
I'm relieved I have working hardware , I just received 3- mp3 players and a tablet -
ALL the lithium batteries were toast - brand new stuff.
On top of getting a smashed trafo and caps from digikey -Bad luck me :(

I'm quite convinced the only way to get quality is to build it yourself. :magnify:

OS

Attachments

• nano detect.jpg
    nano detect.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 327
Yes , in the rest of the industrial world 53mb is a few seconds.

Maybe you don't know that other than the midsize/major US cities , most american's
have at best 3-5 Mbit/sec download speeds - there are exceptions.

I pay 110$/mo for 2-3 mbit . My last verizon DSL was 5M for 80$.
Most of the US is a "3rd world domain" (compared to the rest of the 1st world).
Best I've had is 20M (cable -120$) in the city , and that slowed to a 8M "crawl" at peak times.

OS

What driver ??

I know it is a Dui or nano , after installing the software - "device not successfully installed" after USB plug-in. Hardware wise - it is physically detected.

Tried manual install of either /both the com or usb driver - no luck. Even as the
installer says the drivers are installed - it should work.

OS

I had this kind of problem last time I installed Arduino software on my home PC (Win8.1)...
Here is what has helped - download the latest FTDI chip driver >HERE<
Install the downloaded driver. Then go to Device Manager, right click on Arduino, click update the driver and then say you want to select it from the list. In the list there will be a section called "FTDI" - just select the latest version from there.
After that additional com-port appeared and I was able to communicate with Arduino...

PS: on my laptop it worked smoothly right away (same win version) - I think, related to usb hardware differences somehow...

Last edited:
No , this nation lets it corporations screw the public freely , while racking up
a hundred years of debt to go to war with the whole world (and also billing
the people for that) .

What is left is NO choices , overused 3'rd world infrastructure , an super high
bills. My phone will do 3M up to 3gigs data limit - then 100K after that !!
what a joke.

To get 1st world speed (even in "modern" NY state) a business ISP contract will get you a whole 50M for 150-200$/mo.

OS

I had this kind of problem last time I installed Arduino software on my home PC (Win8.1)...
Here is what has helped - download the latest FTDI chip driver >HERE<
Install the downloaded driver. Then go to Device Manager, right click on Arduino, click update the driver and then say you want to select it from the list. In the list there will be a section called "FTDI" - just select the latest version from there.
After that additional com-port appeared and I was able to communicate with Arduino...

PS: on my laptop it worked smoothly right away (same win version) - I think, related to usb hardware differences somehow...

I have W7 (64 bit) , so it is the FTDI manager that does the communicating.
Hope it works ...

Yep , com 3 is active in the arduino editor (below). I can now
download a sketch to the processor ?
Thank you , Val !!
OS

Attachments

• comdriver.jpg
    comdriver.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 321
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.