Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

DOGC-H by Dr. Jagodic
DOGC-H by Dr. Jagodic
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th October 2014, 09:25 PM   #1
kacernator is offline kacernator  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

Default DOGC-H by Dr. Jagodic

Hi,

I have made PCB layout in Eagle 6.5 for DOGC-H amplifier designed by Dr. Borivoje Jagodic.

PCB is not tested yet, so any improvement suggestions are welcomed.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DOGC-H_PCB.zip (95.8 KB, 642 views)
Old 28th October 2014, 09:26 PM   #2
rayma is online now rayma  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacernator View Post
Hi, I have made PCB layout in Eagle 6.5 for DOGC-H amplifier designed by Dr. Borivoje Jagodic.PCB is not tested yet, so any improvement suggestions are welcomed.
Can you post a .pdf of the board?
Old 28th October 2014, 09:35 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default Board layout in PNG

Here in PNG...
Attached Images
File Type: png DOGC-H_PCB.png (117.7 KB, 2979 views)
Old 28th October 2014, 09:49 PM   #4
rayma is online now rayma  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacernator View Post
Here in PNG...
How about the other side?
Old 22nd July 2015, 05:24 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Default JFETs input

Hi,

what about using JFETs in LTP instead of mosfets? It should sound better, right?

Anyone here interested and skilled enough to design DOGC-H with JFETs LTP?
Old 4th October 2015, 07:29 PM   #6
treuben is offline treuben  Australia
diyAudio Member

Is this the DOGC-H that you've built? I am interested in making one of these but I have a chassis with +- 36v rails and I'd like to stay with H version to drive 4 ohm loads reliably. I'd also be interested in someone with some design nouse to comment on the implications of jfet input vs mosfet. I'm also interested in the current boosting diodes that Nelson Pass has added in the F5 turbo and what might stop those being added to any old design.. (like, say, this one!) Since they appear to offer opportunity for basically doubling the available current from a given design if there's an adequate power supply.

Was there any matching of devices involved? Are there build threads in English for this clever design? I'd love to have a Quad 606 but the complexity of the DOGC-H build looks potentially more my speed!

Last edited by treuben; 4th October 2015 at 07:32 PM.
Old 4th October 2015, 07:42 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by treuben View Post
Is this the DOGC-H that you've built? I am interested in making one of these but I have a chassis with +- 36v rails and I'd like to stay with H version to drive 4 ohm loads reliably. I'd also be interested in someone with some design nouse to comment on the implications of jfet input vs mosfet. I'm also interested in the current boosting diodes that Nelson Pass has added in the F5 turbo and what might stop those being added to any old design.. (like, say, this one!) Since they appear to offer opportunity for basically doubling the available current from a given design if there's an adequate power supply.

Was there any matching of devices involved? Are there build threads in English for this clever design? I'd love to have a Quad 606 but the complexity of the DOGC-H build looks potentially more my speed!

Hi,

I have built DOGC-H with mosfets input as in original schematics. It is good idea to match input mosfets and I matched them. You could also match output BJT transistors, but I think it is unnecesary.
I think JFET input should sound better, but they hard to find and you need to cascode them in this design. Even with mosfets input the amplifier sounds superb to me (better than Symasym which I have built too), definately recommended.

I attach my latest PCB design for DOGC-H. Done in Eagle.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DOGC_H - PCB.zip (97.7 KB, 306 views)
Old 4th October 2015, 08:01 PM   #8
treuben is offline treuben  Australia
diyAudio Member

Thank you for this! What voltage rails did you use? Mostly I see that tweaking is necessary for most designs (for bias etc) when the rails change, and I'm not clever enough to do that. I recall that the designer himself has helped people with regard to adjusting his design to suit various requirements, though I imagine someone may have done it (made with close to 36v rails) already since it seems a popular design in its home country.

All the best from Australia! 8)
Old 4th October 2015, 08:10 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by treuben View Post
Thank you for this! What voltage rails did you use? Mostly I see that tweaking is necessary for most designs (for bias etc) when the rails change, and I'm not clever enough to do that. I recall that the designer himself has helped people with regard to adjusting his design to suit various requirements, though I imagine someone may have done it (made with close to 36v rails) already since it seems a popular design in its home country.

All the best from Australia! 8)
I have made two amplifiers. One with +-45V rails and other with +- 35V. In DOGC design you do not have to tweak anything when changing voltage of rails. But I wouldn´t go lower then +-35V.
Old 8th November 2016, 05:34 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Default PCB update

Latest PCB attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DOGC-H.brd.zip (101.0 KB, 312 views)

DOGC-H by Dr. JagodicHide this!Advertise here!