Please Help, replacing amp module in Yamaha power amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Gday all
http://www.geocities.com/elphocfa/yamaha/index.htm
Please check out that page.. Please
I need to find out why 240v would go to the amp board. Also if anyone can give me suggestions on how to replace the board that would be great.
Im hoping the guy from www.aussieamplifers.com can get me a pcb and component list for a replacement module. It has to be 80v dc and have approximately 230w 8ohm output via unbalanced inputs.
Thankyou
Daniel
priscared@hotmail.com
If anyone wants to buy a Yamaha p2200 amplifer email me, one channel works fine, the other is stuffed, thats why im trying to fit a replacement, its cheaper than using yamaha parts.

Hi,

I have repaired a few of these - they aren't all that complex. The ac wires from transformer to power amp board are 11V ac, which is rectified and added to the negative supply rail for the driver stage, which gives more available drive to output stage. If you decide to replace the entire board, these wires can just be terminated and insulated.

What is wrong with the blown channel? - is the circuit board physically damaged/burnt etc? Even if all output transistors were blown it shouldn't cost that much - I would suggest repairer having a go at you (transistors retail around $20 each x6).

Cheers

yeah ive tried the repair man

Hey thanks for your help... i think the working channel might have blown up last night.... blew the fuses have to buy more....

ANyway as far as the repair man goes this is what he said
all the output trannies are blown, i thought they were around $30 bucks each but if anyone can point me else where thatd be great. Transistors on the board are blown too, as well as a whole bunch of "fusing resistors" which cost like $3 each!! He said itd take him probably a whole day to fix too. So it was up in the $300 mark to repair.
I only wanted this amp for lions club discos and i originally paid $200 off ebay.
You dont know what ampage the transformer puts out per channel? I am pretty sure that its 80vdc but i dont know how powerful it is. If anyone wants a 1ch yamaha amp yell out ill sell u it, lol. Im yet to find out if it still works....
So yeah i was thinking just replace that whole board with a new design that will fit in the box. The box is of excellent quality, but is of limited space. My one has also been modified so it has a bi-amp system in it.
If anyone can give me parts/designs/suggestions that think that might help me. please do so. Like i said i only use this for the local lions club and elpinstone cfa juniors (http://elphinstonecfa.port5.com) - check it out, i havent finished it yet but its still pretty red..
Thankyou
Those cords with AC had me stumped, thanks for that. Im still not exactly sure what they do cause if i take the fuse out on the board itself, nothing happens?? lol. The input from the attentuators on the front, would that be just the same power/volume, as the input sorce, like if i was to touch them it wouldnt zap me?
Cause yeah if i was to replace the board, the input i was hoping could still run through the front panel controls..
ANyway thankyou
Daniel
discolitez.com http://elphintonecfa.port5.com
www.geocities.com/elphocfa/yamaha - please look
Support Portland communications. Im in Central VIctoria aus. I have had free web hosting off em for two years with no ads.

Last edited by a moderator:
what i meant to say was...

What i meant to say was because i paid $200 for the whole unit with one channel, i believe if i spend more than 200 for the other channel im spending too much on it (unless someone can tell me otherwise) Does anyone no how much youd think id get if i sold this amp:
WOrking perfectly- yamaha 230w 8ohm Victoria?
One channel working?
Nothing working cept transformer?
Thankyou
Oh buy the way, to all you fello helpers, check out
www.accessonly.com.au
they are an isp for dialup , what you get
free access
unlimted time and downloads.
How to do it, well you sign up, then use it for a while, then at night time, you wont be able to connect, so you complain, and u get credit. I havent paid for internet in like 6 months. Only downside , you cant use it during peak times. However if you guys start your comp up in windows 98. Set it to dial itself. I just make it dial 99times continuously, and eventually it connects, not sure why u cant do it in xp.
Thankyou
ANysuggestions on my amp email me, if you could sell me a power amp for local discos email me, if u want to buy this one email.

Attachments

• mag00015.jpg
    mag00015.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 252
amp for sale Yamaha p2200

Ok, my amp is for sale.
230w 8ohm rms continuois sine wave input. One channel is broken. One supply cap will need replacing.
Yamaha guy in bendigo said on average the broken channel in this amp cost $150 to repair. JKL capacitors quoted me around $150 for 2 new supply caps including postage (depends on aussie dollar of course) I no longer need this as i got myself a soundking amp and i am now working almost 50 hours a week so yeah... There is NO glue on the caps!! It is all there, the case looks like it woulda new. I am after $200 ONO. DOnt hesitate to ask questions.
www.geocities.com/elphocfa/yamaha

Daniel

hello transistors and capacitor

Gday
Does anyone know what the variable resistor at the top of the channel does? ALso if i use motorolla replacement transistors, will i need to do any adjustments (that variable resistor is th eonly adjustable thing i can find) or can i just jam em in.

I got a brand new channel for the one that is broken, but now i need a new set of transistors and a capacitor (one has started to leak)

Does anyone have any of the output transistors that they are willing to sell to me?
Does anyone have a 22000uf capacitor 100v?
Thankyou all
You've been a big help
Daniel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.