Has anyone used Semelab's MG6333K & MG9413K complementry bipolar devices ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm looking into building another super-amp after many years of doing nothing and thinking about it. Part of my Bucket List !

Presently I'm favouring the Semelab Bipolar devices, in luie of the older MJ15003/15004 devices which I have found to be very good.

The Semelab devices I understand are the most powerful Audio Transistors on the market - boasting a 400 watt Collector Rating and a Vceo of 260 Volts (or 230 Volts for the lower version ) with an Ic of 30 amps. They are T03 packaged devices > MG 6333 K & MG 9413 K and the lower voltage 230 Volt version MG 6332 K & MG 9412 K.

I believe 8 of these higher voltage devices will do about 1,000 watts RMS at 8 ohms allowing them to run as high as +/-130 Volts Dc Rails and still remain inside their SOAR region. This equates to around 85 Volts RMS across the speaker.

Has any one actually used these transistors and if so how much were they and what results did you have ? I intend to use the metal T03 package version and not the lower rated plastic packs of the same series.

Kilo-watts with class AB???
A ton of heat.

I don't have experience with Semelab bipolars, but many with Sanken. The limitation about 500W per 8R (limit Vce of devices).

Can you send me some type numbers, or links to data sheets, to browse some of these devices ? What sort of Vce limits do they have ? Most devices I'm aware of don't do much better that 100 Volts or so because of SOAR limits. Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.