Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

VSSA Circlotron
VSSA Circlotron
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd May 2019, 02:58 PM   #151
Joe Berry is offline Joe Berry  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateX86 View Post
Using a simple current feedback like F5 or amazingCirclotron we do not need to add a positive input or negative output voltage. What do you think ?
The F5 and Amazing Circlotron are both wonderful and justly popular class A amp projects, and I agree that simplicity is a big part of their charm. They are also well documented and proven designs, and if you use their specified components, there would be no need for concern over stability issues.

The design I proposed is not an effort to improve on them, but to pursue simplicity in a different context, namely that of a scalable high-performance class AB amplifier topology. The best choice for you may come down to your system requirements, knowledge level, and of course, aesthetic preference.

I do intend to build and document this design when time allows, and it may then become a more attractive DIY option to consider.
Old 23rd May 2019, 03:33 PM   #152
UltimateX86 is offline UltimateX86  France
diyAudio Member

VSSA Circlotron
I simulated your amp, the original with j113 at 1mA and actually it's stable on 1khz 4V square with 1uF on load

mine is a super oscillator

when you build it will be with the j113 to 1ma and irf9520 ?
Attached Images
File Type: png original.png (14.9 KB, 138 views)

Last edited by UltimateX86; 23rd May 2019 at 03:38 PM.
Old 24th May 2019, 01:13 AM   #153
diyAudio Member

Is it the circuit in post #150 that is oscillating? If so, it may help to move the compensation caps. For example, you can try from collector to base of each Vas transistor, or from each Vas collector to the source of the JFET driving it.

Nothing wrong with using the self-bias connection shown there, as long as you don't mind a little DC on the output, which fortunately also lowers the JFET Vds a bit. And I think you'll still be able to drive the amp input single-ended if you want.
Old 24th May 2019, 08:13 AM   #154
diyAudio Member

VSSA Circlotron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Berry View Post
Is it the circuit in post #150 that is oscillating? If so, it may help to move the compensation caps. For example, you can try from collector to base of each Vas transistor, or from each Vas collector to the source of the JFET driving it.

Nothing wrong with using the self-bias connection shown there, as long as you don't mind a little DC on the output, which fortunately also lowers the JFET Vds a bit. And I think you'll still be able to drive the amp input single-ended if you want.

Hi,

Yes it is the #150, so i try 47P on Jfet source to collector, not good.

47p on base to collector seems to work, that's enough?

In fact i have a balanced output Dac/preamp so I would like use XLR on amplifier input

what I use in balanced input is good or not ? (1k 100k 100p)

thanks
Attached Images
File Type: png 47p_base_collector.png (12.1 KB, 102 views)
File Type: png collector_source.png (16.7 KB, 97 views)

Last edited by UltimateX86; 24th May 2019 at 08:27 AM.
Old 24th May 2019, 08:35 AM   #155
diyAudio Member

VSSA Circlotron
actually I have 433mV on two output with simple current feddback , it's bad?
Old Yesterday, 01:48 PM   #156
diyAudio Member

Ideally you want minimum overshoot and ringing on reactive loads. I'm not aware of any standard for this, but I like to see no more than 20% overshoot followed by no more than 1-2 cycles of damped ringing, like the results you saw from the circuit when using my component values.

You might see improvement with your bipolar Vas by adding a resistor in series with each Vas emitter. I would try values in the 10-100 range and see if that improves square wave response. You may still need the collector-base caps, but I'm not so sure about the ones shunting the inputs.

VSSA CirclotronHide this!Advertise here!