VSSA Circlotron

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No more peak, no more overshoot

the j113 is the best compromise between distortion and stability

j113.png

No more peak, no more overshoot

the j113 is the best compromise between distortion and stability

j113.png

Thank you for satisfying my curiosity. I would call the step response characteristic something like on the verge of oscillation. Critically damped if you will.

During the rise, before the damped ring-down on the flat top, there are two distinct different slopes. I am curious why the rise has two different slopes.

Nice damped ringing insured by output inclusive compensation.

Try to be completely GND independent (high Z to GND), meaning true balanced input (XLR: pin2, pin 3 only), so connect mid 100 k input node (now GND) to mid 100 R (2 x 50 R) feedback node and sim if it is problem free.

Nice damped ringing insured by output inclusive compensation.

Try to be completely GND independent (high Z to GND), meaning true balanced input (XLR: pin2, pin 3 only), so connect mid 100 k input node (now GND) to mid 100 R (2 x 50 R) feedback node and sim if it is problem free.

In your opinion the BC560 are enough to dissipate 200mW idle and 285mw Max?

The KSA1381 are no longer available

A small test during the lunch break :D

It works, but it would take a VDS> 40V
(do not watch compensation)

JfetVas.png

Alternative closer to ground connection of neutralization elements C6/R24 and C7/R25 :)

I tried, it does not work, Do you want asc?

for the moment the only one that gives a good result is the one that Elvee had proposed, but it must be adapted

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.