soldering

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2003
yeah. aluminium is an excellent "de-oxidant" and if exposed to oxygen / air, it will burn fiercely.

aluminum powder is actually used in some bombs (fuel air explosives, like the ones dropped in Iraq).

so unless you can control that (like in vaccum), it is unlikely you will be able to solder / welder alumium parts.

I appreciate the geographical lesson :)

...But i have been living in Latvia for about 3 years.....went back to denmark 4 years ago.

In that case its very easy. If you look at the internet, the technoweld webpage has a number of representatives. One of them is situated in Ogre close to Riga. Its a one man band type of company, he is very nice and easy to deal with. Im sure you can buy a technoweld set from him. Its something like 6 or 7 Lats.

If you cant find him, just ask again....ill ask the guy i buy it from, where the Latvian representative have ended up.

Cheers

Magura

I just checked the Elfa catalogue and there is a Multicore solder
called Alusol that is claimed to work for soldering aluminium at
350 deg. C. I have never tried it myself, so I know nothing more
about it, or whether it is any better/worse than what Magura
suggested.

Elfa claim you can buy from them through local retailes in the
Baltic countries, so if this is interesting, I suggest you email
them and ask where to buy in Latvia.

www.elfa.se click the english flag (or polish or whatever
language you prefer) then search for "alusol".

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.