V.2012 PRO. Composite Audio amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nataly V.2012 PRO. Russian Composite Audio Amplifier.

This is my best work on audio amps area. Based on composite idea, it has current protection, audio limiter, wires-compensation (aka Zero Drive System, Clean Drive), volume soft-rise for power on.
Specs:
Nominal Power at 4Ohm --400W
THD at nominal power in wide frequency range (20hz...20kHz) at nominal power - less 0,003%
THD at 1kHz 400W - less 0,001% (typically less 0,0008%)
Peak power - 500W.
Top-level sound & dynamic response guaranteed :)))))
Project homepage (Russian forum) - V. 2012 Pro - ????????? ???????? Nataly - ????? ?? ????????????????
With respect from Russia.

Attachments

• v2012%20final.GIF
    v2012%20final.GIF
    132.3 KB · Views: 610
  • DSC00544.jpg
    DSC00544.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 580
  • DSC00546.jpg
    DSC00546.jpg
    272.7 KB · Views: 525
  • DSC00548.jpg
    DSC00548.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 505
  • DSC00550.jpg
    DSC00550.jpg
    305.2 KB · Views: 490
Last edited:
This is a top level product, much higher than the forum. Board to sell I wasn't going to, because I have no opportunities for their production, but the drawing files are not secret. The prices of components in Russia, the implementation of the amp cost $ 500. The amplifier is rated not less than 4 ohms, therefore, into 8 Ohms it will also work. Several hundred sets of printed circuit boards were sold in Russia.

I can provide a drawing of the PCB for manufacture, then You can decide where to make them. Printed circuit Board power supply, I think, not a problem. The reason is simple: the postage costs will exceed the cost of production and more profitable to make a separate order in China.

Another fix (for BurrBrown OpAmps use) - change C34=220pF. You may use OPA132\OPA134\OPA1641\OPA627\OPA827 as a main OpAmp. For limiter & integrator stage - OPA2132\OPA2134\OPA1642 are good choose. In General, the stability of the amplifier depends on C34 nominal, but to do it over 330pF I do not recommend.

I REALLY like the input stage.
Input stage is a unique split ground referenced CFA with a op-amp
buffer.
I'm putting this one to the simulator now !! different :cool: .
Edit - I know how it works , very low psrr - hard to believe it could really do .8ppm full power.
I'll try it with a hawksford or my "super VAS" , compare all 3.
OS

Last edited:
As You can see in the diagram, the power supply of the voltage amplifier and the output stage are separate. Use of even simple stabilizer will give a huge win and the suppression of all possible interference that was done :) Also note that the voltage amplifier have the RC-filter of the second order on power circuit, which weaken the interference is stronger than the classical circuit. Well, at low frequencies enough loop gain to interference combat.
Hardware IMD test: http://forum.vegalab.ru/showthread.php?t=49526&page=14&p=1893337&viewfull=1#post1893337 without any power stabilizers.
The main point is that the low signal land polygon connected by a short loop with a soldering ground wires to the speakers. Not for power supply module, as usually.

Last edited:
Another constructive aspect: in the lower left corner of the diagram is the point marked "Компенсация проводов". It compensates for the resistance of speaker wires, the principle is based on the take of the signal loss with the ground terminals of acoustics, return it to the amplifier, followed by a doubling of voltage and applying to the input. Thus, the output voltage of the amplifier will increase by exactly the amount of drop on the wires. In most cases, the resistance of both wires, signal and ground, is identical.

Last edited:
Can you tell us a few things in the triple parallel driver ?
The meaning of this build of the driver in the implementation of its work in the class A throughout the operating range. Application of the three pairs was simulated in the simulator, it was found that by increasing the number of pairs with one to two distortions fell on 2dB, the same picture was when increasing the number of pairs from two to three, that is, the gain was 4 dB. But with further increase in the number of transistors improvements have not been, due to the increase of the load on the previous stage, mainly in the form of input capacitance. The quiescent current of each pair of transistors is maintained constant. Additionally, if we recall an equivalent circuit of the transistors, as the capacitance between the the collector and the base and between the base and emitter, it is easy to conclude that at high frequencies is provided by the penetration of the output driver cascade directly to the amplifier output through the capacity of the transitions of the output stage. This is easily modeled in the simulator, the introduction of small resistors in the base circuit of the output stage and the view drop voltage when the test signal of rectangular shape.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.